CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Louie Louie is gone

Old 07-08-2017, 05:57 PM   #1
HeckinSnek
Louie Louie is gone

I brought a snake home Friday, I Renner seeing him last night, but he's gone!!! I had 6 clamps on his cage, I was unable to remove the lid myself when I pulled on it but he's not there anymore. I can't believe this, I've been having such a hard time lately and I was so excited and he's gone now...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Old 07-08-2017, 06:03 PM   #2
HeckinSnek
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeckinSnek View Post
I brought a snake home Friday, I Renner seeing him last night, but he's gone!!! I had 6 clamps on his cage, I was unable to remove the lid myself when I pulled on it but he's not there anymore. I can't believe this, I've been having such a hard time lately and I was so excited and he's gone now...

Actually now that I think about it I didn't see him yesterday either, I saw him Friday night, I didn't want to disturb him and figured he was hiding last night.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:25 PM   #3
HeckinSnek
I just put a pinkie in his cage and put the clamps back on because I've seen other prole saying that they lost their baby snakes inside the cages but I didn't see him at all

Old 07-08-2017, 11:50 PM   #4
Scrappyeddie77
Could your snake be inside the hide
Some hides have holes in them that the snake can and will crawl into

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-08-2017, 11:58 PM   #5
HeckinSnek
I don't think so, the one has two levels and I searched both levels, the other is just one of those sawed in half log things, and a tp roll. I have the lid clamped on with all of his stuff in there and a pinky out as bait, I'm away from home but I really hope the pinky is gone when I get there. I just don't see how he could have gotten out when I was unable to move the lid myself at all with 6 clamps on it

Old 07-09-2017, 12:58 PM   #6
Nanci
What do your hides look like?

Old 07-09-2017, 02:19 PM   #7
kdickens
Sorry to hear about your problem! If you had 6 clamps on your lid I can't believe it's not in there somewhere. What kind of substrate do you use? Did you sift all through it?
Did you look on the lip of the lid on the inside? They like to crawl up and lie on the edge sometimes. Good luck!

Old 07-09-2017, 03:16 PM   #8
HeckinSnek
http://m.imgur.com/0ETj3Iy,dQZV4Vn,AfgGA7P,mBumSWQ
This was the first place he went when I put him in the tank, then under the water dish. I put a pinkie inside the hide thinking that if he had crammed himself in there well enough it had been at least a week since he was fed. I left the tank alone with the clamps on all night hoping in the morning I would at least find the pinkie gone so I'd know he was in the tank.
I used aspen and I shifted all through it. I'll keep the clamps on the tank in case he is in there and continue to watch it I guess. I still have 2 pinkies left so I thought maybe Friday I'd set another trap since surly he's be hungry by then, maybe set a trap in the kitchen as well since I tore my room apart and there's a lot of books and crannies and warm appliances to hide under and I can't dismantle the kitchen with 5 roommates. Does that sound like a good plan?

Old 07-09-2017, 03:18 PM   #9
HeckinSnek
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeckinSnek View Post
http://m.imgur.com/0ETj3Iy,dQZV4Vn,AfgGA7P,mBumSWQ
This was the first place he went when I put him in the tank, then under the water dish. I put a pinkie inside the hide thinking that if he had crammed himself in there well enough it had been at least a week since he was fed. I left the tank alone with the clamps on all night hoping in the morning I would at least find the pinkie gone so I'd know he was in the tank.
I used aspen and I shifted all through it. I'll keep the clamps on the tank in case he is in there and continue to watch it I guess. I still have 2 pinkies left so I thought maybe Friday I'd set another trap since surly he's be hungry by then, maybe set a trap in the kitchen as well since I tore my room apart and there's a lot of books and crannies and warm appliances to hide under and I can't dismantle the kitchen with 5 roommates. Does that sound like a good plan?

Also, the tank was an aquarium less than 2 weeks ago and wasn't leaking any water, so the tank itself is sound, if water couldn't get out then I don't think a snake could

Old 07-09-2017, 04:52 PM   #10
kdickens
Have you had a talk with your 5 roommates?
They might know something.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google