CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

10 year old male off feed for the first time

Old 08-02-2017, 12:48 AM   #1
BeccaGecko
10 year old male off feed for the first time

I have a 10+ year old male corn that I've had since he was about a year old. He's always been a great eater, one thawed adult mouse per week, always on Tuesday for nearly a decade (he knows his schedule!), only ever refusing food if he was in the middle of a shed. He's an active and friendly guy. His care has been consistent all this time. He has been my only snake until fairly recently. A few months ago I adopted an adult ~5 year old female. They've never interacted with each other, I have no intention of breeding them, and of course they aren't housed together. Their enclosures are both in the same room, though. My male has been refusing food for about 6 weeks now, and I'm fairly certain this is probably related to the female, but I just wanted to get a second opinion since he has never refused food for this long before. He hasn't lost much, if any, weight, his muscle tone is good and his behavior has remained largely normal. I'm pretty sure he's fine, and I'm sure he'll resume eating eventually, I'm just a worried snake parent (and I'll definitely rush him to the vet if his health starts to decline, he's due for his annual exam soon anyway).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google