CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Head aversion

Old 08-29-2017, 09:46 PM   #1
LadyJemima
Head aversion

Like most snakes, Tango doesn't like to have his head touched. He becomes very jumpy if I accidentally bump his head or put my hand too close to it. This is normal behavior, but any recommendations as to how I could try to de-sensitize him? Thank you!

Old 09-01-2017, 02:28 PM   #2
Dragonling
Most snakes don't like having their head touched.

Old 09-01-2017, 04:39 PM   #3
Caryl
Through normal handling over time your snake will become more tolerant of contact in general. Don't try to handle its head. The head area will be in contact with you but leave that up to your snake. If you try to initiate any touching around the head area your snake will just become more frightened. Time and patience are all you need.

Old 09-01-2017, 05:39 PM   #4
Karl_Mcknight
My snake Rufus, on the other hand, loves to have his head rubbed. He will stretch his head out for more if I stop. Under the chin, or on top of the head, he doesn't mind at all. Of course I started doing this when he was a baby and so he's grown up with it. We even play "Boop Snoot" together where we bump noses his and mine. Sometimes I bump his, sometimes he bumps mine.

Old 09-02-2017, 08:30 PM   #5
Caryl
How curious! One more proof that they're all individuals. Rufus sounds like an Individual with a capital I.

Old 09-03-2017, 07:14 AM   #6
Patmart
My George does nose bumps
He loves being stroked
But I have had him from 9 weeks old
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-26-2018, 05:27 PM   #7
LDELPLATO
My MBK is very nervous when i come for him but once i have him hes awesome, loves the head rub. I k ow if i give him the chance before feesing he will bite me, i thought about letting him just to get the experience out of the way LoL my. Amel Striped Corn is amazing. She just shed and her skin is just the perfect sheen.

Old 02-27-2018, 05:30 AM   #8
Patmart
It’s great to see the skin
It’s amazing what they can do I’ve got a Amal that’s George and I’ve got a Carolina normal she the same age as George but I’ve only had her for 5 months she is very shy she ok when she’s out
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google