CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Feeding 2 pinkie's

Old 04-22-2018, 10:33 PM   #1
Saml8
Feeding 2 pinkie's

I was able to get a weight on my baby snake that I brought home 3 days ago. She weights 21 grams. According to the chart I should be feeding her 2 pinkies. She'll be due to eat in about 3 days... am I supposed to feed her the second one as soon as she finishes the first or am I supposed to wait a period of time?

Also, any guesses as to maybe how old she might be at 21 grams? The reptile store did not have a hatching date.

Old 04-23-2018, 12:15 AM   #2
Twolunger
The 2 pinkies are fed one right after the other. She may eat one and ignore the other, or consume both. Without knowing how she was fed previously, it's hard to judge the age. It doesn't really matter, it's what growth she has from this point onward.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:51 AM   #3
Saml8
Thanks for helping out a first time snake owner

Old 04-23-2018, 10:03 AM   #4
Twolunger
All of us were first time snake owners at one point. When I was a young boy every snake I found in the wild had mysteriously disappeared from my tank by the 3rd day. I guess my dad figured 2 days of admiring the snakes was sufficient.

Old 04-24-2018, 08:18 PM   #5
DeuceRon
Where is the chart you are referring to?

Old 04-24-2018, 08:33 PM   #6
DeuceRon
Munson plan.. Got it.

Old 04-24-2018, 11:40 PM   #7
Saml8
Just seeing this... but yes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google