• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Heating

Daryl1713

I'm upgrading to a 4x2x2 (120 gal) glass enclosure and was just curious on the best way to heat it considering they don't male 120 gal heat mats and I never used lights before, thanks for any input 🤙

Just to add, I don't need light cuz the room he is in has natural day/night cycle, im really just concerned about heating it properly. This is what I'm getting if your wondering...REPTIZOO Large 120 Gallon Reptile Terrarium, Wide & Tall Reptile Tank 48" x 24" x 24" with Sliding Door Top Screen Ventilation Anti Escape Lid, Black-Tinted Glass Eco-Terrarium to Reduce Stress https://a.co/d/5LTtAxx

Hi @Daryl1713 . I have several in glass tanks, and I love the visibility and the ease of cleaning. Some will say that it's hard to manage heat and humidity in glass. That may well be true for species with highly specific environmental needs where a couple of degrees difference can mean a health crash
Corns have a wider tolerance for husbandry. Mine have always done well in glass. The biggest challenge is making sure that there are no spaces to escape around the

Most of my glass tanks have under tank heat heat mats with thermostats. I have acquired several different brands over the years, but most are T-Rex. You'll want one which covers 1/4 to 1/3 of the floor space. Most come with adhesive and instructions to affix them to the bottom of the tank. I usually don't use that, though. It's almost impossible to detach if one wants to reposition the heat source, like if the tank is relocated or if the UTH stops working. (They all do eventually, of course, though I've got some I've been using since 2008.) Instead, I use a thin piece of heat-safe material like insulation or ceramic tile to hold the mat against the tank. This has the additional bonus of creating a bit more insulation between the tank and the surface it is on in case of thermostat failure.

Good luck, and we'd love to see pics when you're done!

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Hi @Carly...I have him in a 40 gallon breeder glass now with just a heat mat and he's been perfectly fine😁 but he's now 4 1/2 ft at almost 2 1/2 years old so I'm putting him in a 4x2x2 glass, the only issue with the heat mats is I can't find one that is big enough for it,thats the issue I'm facing at the moment. Thanks for your reply and hope you and your noodles have a good day 😊

Hi @Caryl..I have him in a 40 gallon breeder glass now with just a h
eat mat and he's been perfectly fine😁 but he's now 4 1/2 ft at almost 2 1/2 years old so I'm putting him in a 4x2x2 glass, the only issue with the heat mats is I can't find one that is big enough for it,thats the issue I'm facing at the moment. Thanks for your reply and hope you and your noodles have a good day 😊

Gotcha. It's okay to use more than one heat mat if you're needing to cover a larger space. Don't place them where they'll touch, of course. Thermostats can be hooked to more than one heat mat, as long as the mats are identical and their wattage is within the thermostat's capacity.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Back