CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

What water can they drink?

Old 08-04-2019, 04:55 PM   #1
zoe.d
What water can they drink?

Hello, I'm wondering if I need to treat the water I give to my snake with repti safe or if bottles or even tap water is ok?
Thankyou

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Old 08-04-2019, 07:14 PM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
they drink creek water and mud puddles in the wild. I'm sure anything you offer them will be better than this. My snake drinks the same water I do.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:15 PM   #3
DeuceRon
The reptisafe drops are what I use. A few drops in a bottle of tap water does the trick.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:33 PM   #4
GitaBooks
At first we lived on a farm where the well water was not safe to drink (way too many minerals, sometimes it ran red with them). Now we live where they treat the water with chemicals that you can actually smell when the water runs, so also not safe to drink. Both we and the animals drink filtered tap water or bottled water.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:25 PM   #5
SnakeCreations
Quote:
Originally Posted by GitaBooks View Post
At first we lived on a farm where the well water was not safe to drink (way too many minerals, sometimes it ran red with them). Now we live where they treat the water with chemicals that you can actually smell when the water runs, so also not safe to drink. Both we and the animals drink filtered tap water or bottled water.
^^^^
What she said, filtered water for both men and beasts

Old 08-26-2019, 01:37 PM   #6
knox
I used to just give my snakes tap. Chlorine evaporates quickly but chloramine does not. I don’t know which chemical my local municipality uses, so I buy a 99 cent gallon of spring water every 2 months for my small collection of 3. 50 cents a month is pretty cheap insurance.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google