CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Photography Techniques and Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Photography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical details of how to take good pictures as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

anyone know the Olympus Stylus 730

Old 02-25-2007, 10:46 PM   #1
dwyn127
anyone know the Olympus Stylus 730

Anyone familiar with this camera? My wife is looking to replace her 35mm with a point and shoot digital and is looking at this one.

She's not necessarily sold on this one so suggestions will be welcome. Something in the $200-300 range preferred.

Thanx in advance.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:05 PM   #2
tyflier
I have the Pentax Optio S5i, and it is an incredible camera for the price. Smaller than a pack of cigarrettes, 10megapixels, a 3" viewing screen, macro, super-macro, portrait, landscape, flower, and low-light modes, as well as a tripod mount and a movie mode...with sound.

I paid $300 and change about 3 years ago for it, so you could probably find one for less than $200, if you look around. I HIGHLY recommend anything in the Pentax Optio line...

Old 02-26-2007, 03:20 PM   #3
Nanci
http://exilim.casio.com/ I have the EX Z1000 which is 10mp. I've gotten some great macro pics with it. What I really like is it has a ton of presets- which optimize the settings for, say, scenery, portrait, pet, sports, flower, candlelight- everything! And you can also set it manually. And you can save the settings of a perfect manual picture you have taken so it becomes a preset. It has anti-shake technology! It can take three pics in a row- high speed- perfect for getting tongue shots.

Good site for comparison: http://www.steves-digicams.com/

Couple examples:

This is my third Exilim- I keep upgrading as the technology gets better. It charges in a cradle, and then you put it in the cradle to DL the pics. It's small enough to fit in a jeans pocket. It has a built-in lens cover.

Nanci

Old 02-27-2007, 11:40 AM   #4
Joejr14
www.dpreview.com

I would stay away from anything not 'name brand' (Nikon, Canon, etc).

Old 02-27-2007, 12:58 PM   #5
dwyn127
Thanx everyone for your replys and links.

I'm not too helpful to her in the point and shoot. I used to do weddings and am more familiar with the bigger SLR body's with interchangeable lens'; those little ones confuse me too much.

Old 02-27-2007, 01:07 PM   #6
diamondlil
I've got the Olympus 760. I'm having great fun with it except not being able to adjust the flash. It washes out the snakes so I'm experimenting with putting tissue over the flash to block some of its intensity
Here's a couple of pics of Pearl to show with and without the flash obscured

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google