CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Where to keep frozen mice

Old 09-13-2019, 08:07 PM   #1
BCRRT
Where to keep frozen mice

I am trying to get everything ready before I buy a corn snake, the enclosure, heater, substrate,etc. I was wondering how is the best way to keep the frozen mice? Obviously they have to be kept frozen until its time to thaw them for feeding , but do you guys just keep them in the freezer next to the chicken nuggets? Or do you have a separate freezer just for the frozen mice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-14-2019, 12:25 AM   #2
hypnoctopus
Mine are in ziploc bags in the deep freeze with the general food items. If you have someone in your household who might be grossed out by the mice being with the human food, you can either use a separate freezer or just put the ziploc bag into a big paper bag so the other person doesn't have to see them.

Old 09-14-2019, 02:50 AM   #3
albertagirl
Yup. In the freezer with the people food in a freezer bag. I try to convince my family to leave one shelf for mice and another for the food we eat, but can't seem to get them on board. It just doesn't bother them. So i dig through the perogies and frozen veggies on feeding day. LOL

Old 09-14-2019, 08:16 AM   #4
Frank Pinello
I have a second refrigerator/freezer in my garage that was an overflow for family food and drinks that I used to keep my frozen mice in. My wife wasn't crazy about it but tolerated it. But with three growing boys in the house (two13 year olds and a 17 year old) that garage fridge started loosing space. Also my collection of 20 corns increased this year to 36. So I went out and purchased a small freezer bin from Home Depot. More than enough space for all the mice and the family is no longer grossed out.

Old 09-14-2019, 03:25 PM   #5
BCRRT
Thanks for the information! You all are great!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google