• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

anyone know the Olympus Stylus 730

dwyn127

Cinderazzo
Anyone familiar with this camera? My wife is looking to replace her 35mm with a point and shoot digital and is looking at this one.

She's not necessarily sold on this one so suggestions will be welcome. Something in the $200-300 range preferred.

Thanx in advance.

I have the Pentax Optio S5i, and it is an incredible camera for the price. Smaller than a pack of cigarrettes, 10megapixels, a 3" viewing screen, macro, super-macro, portrait, landscape, flower, and low-light modes, as well as a tripod mount and a movie mode...with sound.

I paid $300 and change about 3 years ago for it, so you could probably find one for less than $200, if you look around. I HIGHLY recommend anything in the Pentax Optio line...

http://exilim.casio.com/ I have the EX Z1000 which is 10mp. I've gotten some great macro pics with it. What I really like is it has a ton of presets- which optimize the settings for, say, scenery, portrait, pet, sports, flower, candlelight- everything! And you can also set it manually. And you can save the settings of a perfect manual picture you have taken so it becomes a preset. It has anti-shake technology! It can take three pics in a row- high speed- perfect for getting tongue shots.

Good site for comparison: http://www.steves-digicams.com/

Couple examples:

Choco12_29_06014cr600.jpg

BlueZee002cr800.jpg

This is my third Exilim- I keep upgrading as the technology gets better. It charges in a cradle, and then you put it in the cradle to DL the pics. It's small enough to fit in a jeans pocket. It has a built-in lens cover.

Nanci

Thanx everyone for your replys and links. :)

I'm not too helpful to her in the point and shoot. I used to do weddings and am more familiar with the bigger SLR body's with interchangeable lens'; those little ones confuse me too much.:grin01:

I've got the Olympus 760. I'm having great fun with it except not being able to adjust the flash. It washes out the snakes so I'm experimenting with putting tissue over the flash to block some of its intensity
Here's a couple of pics of Pearl to show with and without the flash obscured

Attachments

• 58a.JPG
    58a.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 59a.JPG
    59a.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 15
Back