CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Injured tail???

Old 03-21-2019, 09:48 AM   #11
sophieshock
*move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-21-2019, 10:09 AM   #12
Twolunger
The end of the tail will eventually atrophy and fall off, as he stated. The only other thing I would do is apply antibiotic cream to the end of the tail periodically where the dead cells join the good cells. Any time there is an opening in the skin there's a possibility bacteria may enter and cause an infection. It doesn't usually happen, but I like to minimize the chance. Good luck, she will not miss the end of the tail at all. LOL

Old 03-21-2019, 10:11 AM   #13
sophieshock
what antibiotic cream would you suggest?? just any one or something in particular??

Old 03-21-2019, 04:48 PM   #14
Twolunger
I don't know what is available in the UK. Here we have triple antibiotic cream made by Equate. The ingredients are Bacitracin, Neomycin Sulfate, and Polymyxin B Sulfate. Any quality antibiotic made to prevent infection due to cuts, scrapes and burns will suffice.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:38 PM   #15
Scrappyeddie77
I bought a baby corn from a young breeder in his teens a few years ago just because the last baby he had did have stuck shed on it’s tail. I got it home and got the shed off but the damage was done. The tail came off it healed up and that snake is good. The only thing is that the snake who we name Captain Nubbula doesn’t like you to touch his tail. If you think about how they are made I would think that there is only a little bit of skin over bone there and that bone might have a few nerve endings there.

I will say always check the shed for eye caps and tail tips.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google