• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Pretzel, the mellow corn snake

Norbert

Pretzel's Pal
Hi, I’m Norbert. My snake’s name is Pretzel. He is a non-albino, Anerythristic corn snake. He lives in a 75 gallon fish tank (48.5”L x 18.5”D x 21.5”H) with a fitted and bolted down screen lid. I modified the lid with six 5/16 bolts and thumbscrews after my first snake escaped. Ground cover is play sand from Lowes. I was in the market for a bright, multicolored specimen, but when I saw this contrasting black & white baby (Yes, he’s still a baby), I think I actually said “Wow!”. Anerythristic corn snakes, or Anery for short, lack the ability to produce red and orange colors, thus his monochrome appearance. And he’s very mellow. How mellow is he? Early afternoon, I reach in, pick him up and lay him on the palm of my hand. If there’s no reaction, I gently poke him to wake him up. His favorite “toy” is my old Tonka Toy Jeep, a little 6” model I got for Christmas back in ’60. I don’t mind. I’ve got a newer toy jeep, a ’97 Wrangler, in the garage! He can play with this one. When he gets tired of me, and I approach his fish tank, I have to make the effort not to drop him he gets so excited! He then goes around, looking for a secluded spot to curl up and go back to sleep, usually under the Jeep. Does anybody else have a corn snake like Pretzel? Let me know!

Back