• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Charlie and Me

MrCharles

Hello! I hail from Pittsburgh PA and this is my new friend Charlie. New to snakes, Mr Charles, affectionately called Charlie, is my second reptile friend. I welcomed him into my life yesterday, and I'm very excited to have him. He seems to be about two feet long maybe? It's hard to try and measure him, he doesn't like to be straight. Having a curious personality, Charlie decided to wind himself up around and inside the folding mechanism of my futon today. I was freaking out waiting for him to come out, only to have him look at me like, dude, wtf you freakin about? I didn't expect he would be able to slip inside of there, so when he was checking it out I figured he would move right along. I learned to be real careful about where he wants to poke his nose now. Besides giving me a borderline heart attack, I love my little Charlie already, and look forward to having some good times together. I'm not sure what "type" of coloration pattern he has, but I think he's adorable

img2609c.jpg

img2610i.jpg

I forget to be honest, it's a little mom and pop pet store that actually takes very good care of their pets. Their bearded dragon babies actually looked happy, lively, and not morbidly skinny. I almost got a snake from the Petco close by but they're bearded dragons are in terrible condition so I assumed their other reptiles might be too. (I have a bearded dragon also).

Random question, can you have them out for too long? He was hanging with me for a few hours, he curled up in my pocket for a while

Does he look yellow like the snake in my avatar? She is a butter.

For the first few days you want pretty much no handling, this allows him time to get use to his new home. But I really think the amount of holding depends on you and the snake. Some do like to just sit with you and chill, where the others are happy with little to no handling.

Welcome to the group. This place is great for cornsnakes. I had a breadie also. I gave him to a better home.

Congrats and welcome, I lived in your area for a few years. Some in the Monroeville area some in the North Huntingdon area. Man I could go for some Dirty Vinny's Pizza.

Very pretty! I was thinking butter also but I am terrible with morphs. :)

Welcome to the forum!

Back