CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

LOGO design for FREE snake

Old 06-24-2008, 08:53 PM   #1
ForkedTung
LOGO design for FREE snake

Hi, I was trying to come up with a logo for mine and my son's hobby/breeding co. and I finally found exactly what I want to use. See we're based in Ohio so BUCKEYE RIVER REPTILES is our name ( the buckeye is the state tree of Ohio and of course there's the Bucks, Ohio State's team.)
so we're going to use the Serpent Mound, in Adams county, Ohio. It is the largest effigy Earthwork in the world, thought to be built by the Adena culture, parts of it correlate to different directions and solstices. I went there many years ago and it is awe inspiring and truly fascinating...these people REALLY appreciated snakes!!!
Any ideas or opinions on how to translate this into a logo or if anyone with the computer software skills would like to send me some ideas to use, I would be willing to trade for one of my soon to be hatchlings I have alot more pics for references...please email me (or post or PM)if interested....thanks, Kyle

links for anyone interested in more on the Serpent Mound:http://www.forgottenoh.com/Counties/Adams/serpent.html
http://www.google.com/search?client=...utf-8&oe=utf-8
http://www.ohiohistory.org/

Old 06-25-2008, 05:12 AM   #2
ForkedTung
WOW, thanks to all the people that PM'ed me and are interested in working on my logo. Maybe I should make it a poll with me picking between the finalists? good stuff, this community is awesome...Kyle

Old 06-25-2008, 05:29 AM   #3
snakewispera snr
Or get a UK member to do it...Then you wouldn't have to part with a snake, as shipping wouldn't make it worth it...

Old 06-25-2008, 05:35 AM   #4
ForkedTung
Quote:
Or get a UK member to do it...Then you wouldn't have to part with a snake, as shipping wouldn't make it worth it...
A VERY SNEAKY idea mIKE, something a "devil's advocate" would think up.
Actually a few people ARE doing it just for the fun of it and have already turned down the snake...I might have to incorporate more than one logo into the website...T-Shirt too...eventuallly...and stickers...and....

Old 06-25-2008, 05:44 AM   #5
Toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkedTung View Post
I might have to incorporate more than one logo into the website...T-Shirt too...eventuallly...and stickers...and....
hot air balloons

Old 06-25-2008, 09:04 PM   #6
Jay@PJCReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkedTung
...I might have to incorporate more than one logo into the website...T-Shirt too...eventuallly...and stickers...and....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshiro View Post
hot air balloons
SPANK!!!!
Jay

Old 06-27-2008, 12:07 AM   #7
ForkedTung
Still taking any submissions?

Old 06-27-2008, 02:20 AM   #8
ForkedTung
UPDATE

Found a great designer!!! THANKS EVERYONE!!!

Old 06-27-2008, 02:23 AM   #9
Toshiro
Looking forward on seeing the logo

Old 06-27-2008, 02:51 AM   #10
midnightgallop
cool. are we gonna get to see the winning logo?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google