• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New to snakes... possible future owner?

There are a lot of great breeders on here, I think whoever you choose - you will end up with a beauty! Was it a charcoal you were in love with?
There are a few threads I've read with charcoal's available.. If you do find a breeder that has a snake you want, make sure to check out the BOI before paying/shipping. But I'm pretty sure you can find a great snake from a great breeder with a great reputation and references right here :)

When you do get a snake, I hope you post your progression of this experience :) I think it's really cool your getting over your fear of snakes.We have two and they both are incredibly sweet. I believe you'll get over your fear of them really fast when you have one!

Yes, I very much like the charcoals! I also like the regular anery morphs as well, judging from pictures. A lot of the pictures are confusing for me as I can't tell if they are adult or hatchling and how their coloring will change. I really like the bold black/grey colors. I think the only corn morphs that I absolutely do not like are the ones with red eyes and the ones that are predominantly red. I'm not certain why.

I would be very happy to end up with a charcoal or anery, but if I bought a snake in person and the individual was just too perfect for me, I wouldn't be opposed to all of the other beautiful morphs.

I will absolutely be documenting my progression and hopefully becoming a part of this community. I love forums (I'm a moderator on a rat forum.) because they are often so close-knit and just have such vast databases of knowledge and first-hand experience that you can't get elsewhere.

I have already conquered my fear of the teeth by reading a lot. My only fear now is general handling. I do not want to hurt my baby in any way, or lose it! I want to be able to learn how to do handling sessions (I already know that there is no handling for a week after I get the baby, and 48 hours after every meal, but that's all I know so far.) in a positive and productive way so that we are both happy and get more comfortable with each other.

Well, since I will definitely getting an anery or charcoal female, I've started to think about names. It's looking like she'll be named Kiara (key-ARE-uh), which is a spelling variant on various Irish-Gaelic names meaning "little black one".

Back