• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Back to corns...Hypo Lav clutch on the ground

AWWW, Cecil's a grandpa! He has other grandchildren on the way this year but your's is the first!

Don't forget to save a girl for me!

Hi Carol,

Thats a GREAT looking Hyp Aztec in the front of the pic there!! Is that one het Lav? Hope so. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a little buddy for him/her! Thanks for sharing the pic!!

Take Care!!
Warren C.

Carol,
Have you had amelanism pop up in your Hypo Lav line? I was suspicious of my first pipper but I hadn't looked that closely. Now that it's about half emerged, it really looks much more like an Opal.

Yes Warren, it's het Lav! ;)

Clint, no amels yet...the eyes will tell you though, Hypo Lavs still have really dark eyes as babies.

Well, so far, I see the one in the pic, a normal a hypo and maybe an amel.

I trying real hard not to be too intrusive. I'll post a pic of the whole clutch when they all emerge.

Is this your first Hypo Lav clutch? If so, prepare to be a bit confused until you sex them. Female Hypo Lavs will look much like male Lavs. It is hard at first to believe the females are Hypo Lavs becasue they are so much darn darker than the males!

Yeah, first hypo Lav clutch. But they sure look like Opals to me.
These 3 are the only ones out so far.
05opal

05opal1

I can't wait for the rest of these little buggers to come out! ;)

Both parents are unproven til now. I was surprised to see what appears to be amel appear in this clutch because neither line has expressed it until now.

Those are definitely Opals in my opinion. I know at least one normal hypo was poking it's nose out before the photo shoot.

It's just one of those surprises that have a tendency to pop up unannounced! :crazy02:

The pattern on that first Opal is really wacked out!

I wonder if either Opal is hypo?.... :grin01:

Last edited:
DOH!

What am I thinking?

The Lav male that I crossed with a Crimson to produce the female in the pic is het amel!

LOL, I'd second that "opal" opinion. One of my parents must be het, I am racking my brain to think of anything Amel I might have bred the father to. All I have ever bred the mother to is the same male. Well I hope you are too disappointed by the suprise and hope you get some Hypo Lavs too!

Looks like the females and the Hypos got the most Aztecing in this clutch... Boy is it male heavy! One more to hatch, I think it is a lavendar.

Here are pics of the girls!
Warren I wil have a nice pair for you for sure!

I got a nice female Aztec Hypo Lav and Lav...

Attachments

• femalegroup.JPG
    femalegroup.JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 88
  • femalegrouplav.JPG
    femalegrouplav.JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 88
Here are some boys... the most "Azteced" Hypo Lav male is right in front, I also took a close up pic but his colors didn't turn out right. I included it anyway so you could see the pattern. Then a Hypo pic, then a little male Hypo Lav who I expect will have some great colors! :cheers:

Attachments

• malegroup.JPG
    malegroup.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 88
  • malehypolavaztec.JPG
    malehypolavaztec.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 85
  • HypoAztec.JPG
    HypoAztec.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 87
  • HypoLavmale.JPG
    HypoLavmale.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 84
Well I hope you are too disappointed

Nah, I just look at it as one step closer to knowing what I have hidden away in my stock.

Next year the female hypo Lav will be ready, we'll see how she proves out.

Pretty cool patterns on some of those babies. I just checked in on my clutch and see one hypo emerged that has that Adder looking pattern going on.

"Well I hope you are too disappointed"

LOL, I even have the power to edit and didn't catch that... I'm tired, you know what I meant right? ARE NOT too disappointed.... :eek1:

Well, I can't speak for Clint but I KNOW I AM NOT disappointed!!
I really like that female w/ the v on her head! Is that male Hypo you had isolated in the pic above the one you wanted me to look at? It sure looks nice! Honestly, I don't see how you don't keep them all back! You must have some from earlier years. You have some of the nicest babies around! I love it!!

Take Care!!
Warren

Warren said:
Well, I can't speak for Clint but I KNOW I AM NOT disappointed!!
I really like that female w/ the v on her head! Is that male Hypo you had isolated in the pic above the one you wanted me to look at? It sure looks nice! Honestly, I don't see how you don't keep them all back! You must have some from earlier years. You have some of the nicest babies around! I love it!!

Take Care!!
Warren

Ya, I'll send individual pics of all the hypos once they shed and eaten, and let you decide which one you want, you've been waiting a very long time. I have two holdback Lav Aztecs that a local friend of mine is going to be taking off my hands, it will be great to have someone else care for them, but I will still get to watch them develop! LOL. Pretty much looking at and cleaning my snake room is what keeps me from holding any back....although I am taking a liking to that last Hypo Lav male! I keep asking myself why I would need TWO Hypo Lav males, I can't come up with a good answer other than "It's purdy".

Now I just looked at the pictures again Carol, I know the contrast is different, but it is the one on the top of the boy pile with a hypo lav head poking through his coils right? :)

Back