CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Fatty hips?

Old 03-14-2018, 09:35 PM   #1
Seaweedthesnake
Fatty hips?

These pictures are terrible and upside down (sorry), but I was looking at this lady today and I noticed she looks rather round as a whole but her hips are woah!

I couldn’t get a length on her, but she will be 7 this summer and weighted at 735 grams!!

So what I’m wondering is is she badly overweight and how aggressive can I be with her diet to diminish these things!? I don’t want to hurt or starve her but to be honest her spine looks like it’s having a tough time in there if that makes sense.

And she will be getting as much exercise as I can get her to participate in everyday!!

Thanks!

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/pic...ictureid=16767

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/pic...ictureid=16768

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/pic...ictureid=16766

Old 03-14-2018, 09:40 PM   #2
Seaweedthesnake
Oh hey, they went upside right when I resized them I guess c:

Old 03-14-2018, 10:16 PM   #3
Shiari
That there is an extremely obese snake. I would feed 1 adult mouse every 3 weeks, and start an exercise program for her.

Old 03-14-2018, 10:37 PM   #4
Twolunger
Whoa! That is one chubby corn. It is going to take a long time to get her back in shape.

Old 03-14-2018, 10:47 PM   #5
Seaweedthesnake
Oh no �� I’ve had her for two days so I’m glad to catch it as quick as I could’ve and start working with her!

Will do Shiari! Thank you for the meal plan there, that really helps. Do you have any recommended exercises?? I’ve read stairs and swimming. I have no stairs but I do have a bathtub. I’ve been thinking having her climb on driftwood or taking her outside in the grass/on trees when it’s warmer?

Old 03-14-2018, 10:53 PM   #6
Seaweedthesnake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
Whoa! That is one chubby corn. It is going to take a long time to get her back in shape.
Yikes! That’s a little discouraging to hear but encouraging at the same time to hear it’s possible to get her back into shape eventually c:

She’s really a beautiful snake, but I won’t give up on her being a healthy snake even if it takes forever!

Old 03-15-2018, 12:25 AM   #7
Twolunger
Just don't get discouraged if she doesn't seem to lose weight very fast. Snakes can go for months without eating a thing. Exercise is basically keeping her active and moving. You don't want her sitting in her vivarium and conserving energy. LOL.

Old 03-15-2018, 04:08 PM   #8
Seaweedthesnake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
Just don't get discouraged if she doesn't seem to lose weight very fast. Snakes can go for months without eating a thing. Exercise is basically keeping her active and moving. You don't want her sitting in her vivarium and conserving energy. LOL.
Okay that makes sense! I wish I could do more about it faster but even slow and steady is great and probably better for her anyway. Oh lord okay well I guess it’s kinda nice it really makes no difference what she’s doing as long as she’s moving!

I don’t know if it’s her weight or her personality or what but she does not move from her box, not at night, never. Ive seen her reach out of her box to drink water but I don’t think she’s fully left it in the three days I’ve had her so it really is up to me!

Thank you a ton for your input c:

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google