• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Kisatchie X Amelanistic = Amel Kisatchie? Snow?

benjamina

Wouldn't it be interesting to find out what happens if you cross a Kisatchie with an Amelanistic and then cross the resulting offspring (double-hets???).

Would it look something like a "snow" corn? What would the saddle colours look like, would it be on a white background or would it be entirely something else?

Perhaps Don Soderberg could tell us? Or is it a secret?

Cheereos,
Benjamina

I have no idea what they'll look like, but I just traded two gravid kisatchie females to Don Soderberg for a blood red male and an extra female (morph of his choice). Both of those females were exposed to two males before I bought them. The males were an amel and a sunglow motley. So, those two kisatchies are going to produce the cross you asked about, and some of those babies may well be het for motley also.

I'll keep you posted as to when they hatch and what they look like.

Darin

Agreed...

I would guess that the appearance of Kisatchies is not from "a gene" but rather a lot of selective breeding. I don't think you'd "recover the trait" in the F2s to create anything resembling snows.

Of course if I'm mistaken it would be a simple matter to prove me wrong. :)

Back