CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Escape artists

Old 10-06-2002, 11:18 AM   #1
RAP
Smile Escape artists

I found my candy cane after he got out of his cage. It took me three days to find him. I'm so happy.

Has anyone elses escaped? Did you find it? How long did it take you to find it?

How long is the longest it has taken to find one?

Old 10-06-2002, 11:41 AM   #2
Axe
Not had a corn escape yet.. after reading about their houdini behaviour before getting my first corns I decided to make everything as escape proof as possible

I have had one of my leopard geckos get out though... we found him 8ft up a wall 4 days later (and they say Leos don't like to climb, heh).

We've had the iguanas escape before too... 'bout 3 weeks ago was the last time. Annie (5ft female) we got back after about 11 days... Skittles (almost 5ft male) is still at large.. but all the neighbours know where we live if they see a 5ft lizard roaming around the neithbourhood

Old 10-13-2002, 07:07 PM   #3
BU5T4
oh my god how can you lose a 5ft lizard??? hehehe crazy.

well i know this is a corn forum but whilst on the topic of escapes, i lost my garter snake for 9 months and only found him two weeks ago. Actually my nephue found him in the grass next to my house, i have not got a clue how he got out of the house as i have a cat and she goes nuts when she sees the snakes (very noisey cat), but after all that i got him back and he is the exact same size he hasnt grown a bit and he aint eating but time will tell.

BU5T4

Old 10-14-2002, 03:06 AM   #4
Rachel
Mine escaped for about 4 or 5 months ( I cant remember exactly now...old age!!). She managed to squeeze out of a tiny hole that was drilled in to allow the heat mat cable through!! I mean we are talking tiny hole here! If it looks like they can get their head through then you can bet the rest will get out too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google