• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

the saga continues........

Well I think that's just too cool for words! I'm afraid to jinx it if I say too much, so I'll wait until she takes her next one :)

OMG!!!!
I was so exited to read about Lil eating on her own that I that I said out loud "OMG, that is so great" and apparently it was too loud as hubby jumped...LOL
I am so so so happy for you!
:crazy01:

Tomorrow! baby mice too big now, so will have to try an f/t, so am not expecting success unti the next litter are born, if she doesn't convert I'll have to get another pair of breeders to have a better supply of live, my mice eat more than they raise, so the remaining babies get big fast

try giving it to her as soon as it is out of the really hot water, it made my Freya constrict as she most probably thought it was alive.
Good luck tomorrow!

yup, that's the plan exactly! I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high though, I won't be too disappointed if she refuses the feed, at least I know she can eat live now

Here we go.............she ate the live one in the morning, so am up early to thaw her intended breakfast now

Thanks g! Am resisting o c d to give her a chance, have just looked for the first time, Lil curled up and poop on mouse. Have cleaned mouse and left her to consider the error of her ways. Lil does not look at all repentant! Actually she is shiney and new because she shed this morning

Yup, Lil on regular once a month shed and growing nicely ever since I started syringing her. She has dropped 5 grams, probably because the big pinky was slightly less nutritious than the whole-mouse puree, but to my eyes she looks good still. Must resist urge to go look again..........If she doesn't eat this peach fuzzy, will try with fresh one in the morning. No breeder mice in the petshops I tried today, will get new pair asap to keep the production line going

fuzzy in bin........... :rolleyes: Bad girl Lil! She had obviously bitten it at least twice though, there were tiny puncture marks on its' back, so that's some progress

What will you do for now until you find a new couple of breeders?
Instead or in addition of buying them, maybe you could keep a couple of the babies to make them breed to have more "live" available?

Just a thought as I don't know how long it takes for mice to be able to breed. Actually, that is a question, how long?

I have found something on the internet that you might find interesting about the "Factors that Affect Breeding Performance". That might help you with the small litters and them eating it. I know there are experienced feeder-breeders on this Forum but I thought that wouldn't hurt to maybe have a look at it :shrugs:

Darn, I just found out that a new breeder pairs should be 8-12 weeks of age :(

Good luck Diamondlil and I hope Lil does eat ;)

new mice found today, almost 6 weeks old and pick them up monday. If Lil will only eat live for now, so be it. Am reluctant to keep babies from the current pair of mice, as they have a good, high protein diet, but most pinks from the mother was 5...........so hopefully new trio-to-be will be more productive

Back