CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

First hook-ups for me!!

Old 03-06-2011, 04:48 PM   #51
Nanci
Rich, sometimes you have to lecture them sternly to get them going.

Old 03-06-2011, 04:54 PM   #52
rich333
LOL,

Well,

just alot of..."Ahhh Come On...are you kidding me?? She's HOT Dude..." And for her.."Look at those muscles!! Any Girl Snake would be Proud to be His Girl!!"
Lecturing...maybe....more like encouraging.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:50 PM   #53
Nanci
Well, with three breedings under their belts, I'd say they are good to go!!

Old 03-06-2011, 08:01 PM   #54
rich333
Nanci,

Yeah....I'm pretty much convinced that if we're gonna get eggs..they have done their parts well. Now, just getting past the laying stage...the hatching..then we breathe a sigh of relief...then we worry about getting all of them feeding...
sounds fun

Old 03-13-2011, 09:29 PM   #55
rich333
well,

i've been relatively quiet these last few days...finally got through this week at work...decided to put my incubator to good use...while waiting for eggs to develop.
I planted a few (36) seeds today...thought i'd use the incubator to help the pepper seeds germinate ....oddly enough...82degrees is near perfect temps to germinate Bhut Jolika peppers...I also have serrano peppers,bell peppers,& habanero's. Once the seeds sprout (in about 10 days)...i'll take them out and set them up under the lights...and just keep "potting up" until May 20th (last frost date) then they go in the garden....then in a few short months..i'll have pepers to keep me "warm" though next winter

Old 03-15-2011, 08:54 PM   #56
rich333
Ok,

Well she's looking pretty stunning this evening so i thought i'd snap a few pics before she gets too far along...don't want the ole stress monster to creep in. So..as always enjoy the pics......

Old 03-20-2011, 06:13 PM   #57
rich333
Today was the first time she has ever refused a meal.....

here is a list of confirmed hook-ups:

2-26-11 confirmed
3-1-11 Not Confirmed(left for 2hrs...no spillage)
3-6-11 Confirmed
3-16-11 Confirmed (interesting note...the "Spillage" from this hook-up was different than the others in that this spillage has a "wad" of viscous material in the center of the yellow liquid...I presume this was sperm. But why was it not there..or if it was, why in such small amounts in the first 2 confirmed hook-ups? Maybe the old saying is true....the 3rd time IS the charm! ?

Old 03-23-2011, 08:41 PM   #58
rich333
Well,

At this point i'm fairly certain the first hook-up was ineffective. As she still hasn't gone blue....perhaps i'm just a bit impatient....this has to be the toughest part so far.....Waiting.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:51 PM   #59
airenlow
Last year, my girls laid almost exactly a month after their first hook-up. Corns never do anything by the book though...

Old 03-23-2011, 08:58 PM   #60
rich333
LOL,

Well, there for a second..i thought you were gonna tell me something I WANTED to hear!! LOL

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
first time breeding