CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

My first official breeding season!!

Old 06-22-2011, 11:57 PM   #151
MysticExotics
I might start a new thread for Kaia's clutch. I will include my "test" of the altered feeding.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:59 PM   #152
multicorn
Hahahahaha can i just say great thread...!!!!! I've not read it until tonight .... Great ..!!!!!, its exactly why i love this forum... Fun... Banter.... Jokes.... Informative..... Friendly.... Pictures....

Great

Old 06-24-2011, 06:12 PM   #153
MysticExotics
Educational & entertaining...glad I could help

Old 06-29-2011, 06:45 AM   #154
rich333
sorry i've missed so much of this thread. Trying to catch up now that my babies have hatched. So....they've eaten at least once...correct? Cant wait to take on that challenge.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:28 PM   #155
MysticExotics
Five of the babies still refuse to eat
About four have eaten every meal offered, & the rest have eaten once.
I put NutriBAC in their waters today, & will try to offer 1/2 pinks to the ones that haven't eaten, & full pinks (xs small) to the ones that have eaten, later tonight, when I get off work.

Tara will be taking some home this weekend to work with. Hopefully they will all start eating regularly.

Kaia's clutch is due to hatch any day now. Kaia double clutched, & laid her eggs yesterday. 15 eggs, I think all are slugs. One looks possible, but I'm not holding my breath.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:14 PM   #156
rich333
wow...here i was...stressing over 9 babies. Zena no longer appears to be double clutching. Is it possible that i felt an ovulation? just no sperm to fertilize the ova? So yeah...looking forward to my babies first sheds. Then...more stress. Lol....good luck with your non_feeders.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:25 PM   #157
MysticExotics
Thanks Rich. We're going to look into tube feeding the non eaters in the near future.
Yeah, you may have been witnessing ovulation. Kaia looks gravid when she's ovulating.
When I first got her, the guy told me she was gravid. She was swollen & "bumpy". I waited & waited for eggs, but they never cmae.
This year, I knew exactly when she was ovulating, & I made sure to put Taz with her then. (I have 18 beautiful pearly whites to show for it...that are due to hatch any day now...)

Old 07-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #158
MysticExotics
Update on my first Tessera clutch:

Half of the babies have gone to live with Tara. Hopefully she'll have better luck with getting the problem eaters to eat.
I have babies #1Tessera, 2Aztec, 3Normal, 10Motley-ish, & 12Tessera. #7Tessera is possibly in my walls somewhere. (He) got away from me when I was cleaning bins. He flew out & ended up behind the rack & went under the molding where it meets the carpet.
He is one of the non feeders. I really hope he turns up, but the odds are not good.

On a good note, I did get all of the Mica babies to eat last night! It was the 6th meal I offered, & it was the first time all of these ones have eaten at the same time.
The Motley-ish looking one (with the "X" on the head) had not eaten on his own. I tube fed him twice, & on an off chance he might decide to eat on his own, I offered him a tiny pinky last night & he ate his first pinky on his own!!

I washed the pinkies in dawn soap, dried them off, then scented them with a little bit of used deer mouse bedding that Tara had given me. It worked!!

I will get updated pics of these babies in a couple days. I won't try resexing for a little while, until they're all well established. I tried after I offered about 4 meals, & they were so wiggly, it was next to impossible. So I have "probably" sexes, but don't know for sure. (Except #10, the Motley X one, I am sure is a male).
#1 is possibly a female
#2 is probably a female
#3 is probably a female
#7 (escaped) is probably a male
#10 is a male
#12 is probably a male

Old 07-10-2011, 07:47 PM   #159
rich333
perhaps tara could package up her deer mouse bedding. And she could sell it.. Lol...i'd buy some! At what point do you force feed a pinkie leg/tail...just to give the lil one a chance?

Old 07-11-2011, 01:02 AM   #160
MysticExotics
Tara got it from someone else. I agree that it could be benefitial to package up & sell. It definitely works.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google