CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Hip hip horray! I finally got my first pip today!

Old 07-28-2011, 02:34 PM   #51
wildlifephotographer
Out of 19 eggs the ones that have come out of their shells are: 3-anery's, 2 ghost, 1-snow, 1-normal, 1-hypo, 1-amel. There is one pipping since yesturday-another hypo, and 1 more that started to pip this morning before I finally got to bed, and I can't tell what it is yet. The rest have yet to pip.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #52
wildlifephotographer
Also wanted to ask anyone/everyone if they had pics of an adult hypo and what do they grow up looking like as they get bigger, do they just look a lot like normals or different and do they sell for more on average then a normal/anery/amel do? I'm just curious about them. I've never seen one untl now from my own that hatched, and wanted to maybe keep one if it's going to be any different when it's older than just a version of a normal corn snake. Thanks.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:44 PM   #53
wildlifephotographer
I can't believe I've got such variety out of one clutch of eggs. I'm really happy but now it's so hard to choose which ones I want to keep. I think I am going to keep the snow for sure, since I don't have one of them yet, and I was going to keep the first little anery that came out but I might keep a hypo instead.

Old 07-29-2011, 04:27 AM   #54
wildlifephotographer
Update on the anery with umbiical cord/yoke stem hanging out. It finally came out/ and fail off completely, he/she also seems to have calmed down some. I have 10 snakes out now and 6 more pipping. 3-4 of them look like amels and maybe another anery and normal or hypo not sure yet.

Old 07-29-2011, 04:30 AM   #55
wildlifephotographer
The second hypo is the last one to have come out so far..he's number 10.

Old 07-29-2011, 04:31 AM   #56
wildlifephotographer
I've been taking lots of pictures of them but have yet to take any of the last three that came out yesturday morning/afternoon.

Old 07-29-2011, 05:46 AM   #57
Kali
lol I do believe you set up camp next to your clutch

Old 07-29-2011, 02:17 PM   #58
Pasodama
Congrats! I know how much "nail biting" anticipation you had for this clutch to start hatching.
Looks like you got yourself a nice variety.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:26 PM   #59
wildlifephotographer
Yes, I feel as though set up camp right next to them. Good news is I think I'm going to have 19 good little corn snakes. That's 100% hatch rate for this clutch. I'm very happy. This afternoon I have one more that fully came out which is another Amel. So that's 11 total out now and 8 that are pipping.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:47 AM   #60
wildlifephotographer
Well, I think I should thank the storm for bringiing out 5 more babies tonight. So now I have a total of 16 babies completely out of their eggs and only three remaining pipped. Now it's getting harder for me to keep track of what I have and who came out when. They are all very gorgeous though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google