CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Hip hip horray! I finally got my first pip today!

Old 08-03-2011, 05:58 PM   #71
wildlifephotographer
So, I have 6 babies that have shed thir skins and was wondering when I should try to feed them for the first time? Should I try in 2 or 3 days or feed right aaway?

Old 08-04-2011, 01:03 AM   #72
wildlifephotographer
I think I am starting off very well as tonight I got 4 out of the 6 babies that shed their skins to eat their first small pinkie mouse. Yepee! Baby #1 Anery, 2 Anery, 4 Normal and baby 6 ghost have all eaten.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:49 AM   #73
wildlifephotographer
More photos, after shed.

Here are a few updated after shed photos of some of the babies. Baby 1, 2, 3, 4, 6.

I really love all of them but baby one really has a nice dark blackness on white under color/silvery a little on the sides. Photos never do these little cuties any justice on how beautiful they turn out after their first sheds. Enjoy the pics!
1st photo baby 1-Anery, second photo baby 2-Anery.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:56 AM   #74
wildlifephotographer
Here is baby 3-Snow and baby 4-Nomal. The snows are really hard to get good decent shots of. I tried my best.

Old 08-04-2011, 05:04 AM   #75
wildlifephotographer
Here is baby 6 which is a Ghost and another that is hard to get a good shot of. Enjoy the pics, oh. more to come as they all shed.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:12 PM   #76
Kali
you have very nice baby's there! You're obviously very proud

Old 08-04-2011, 12:20 PM   #77
wildlifephotographer
Thanks Kali!

Old 08-04-2011, 03:59 PM   #78
wildlifephotographer
I have some devastating news...baby #8 which was a very nice looking anery. The one that came out of the shell somewhat early and had some stuff hanging out of it..died this afternoon. I was checking them all for shed skin and it was fine and moving around just fine...and it had shed it's skin and everything. Well, I had four containers out in the living room and decided to take them outside for some sun time, didn't know at all that this would happen but they got to hot to fast sitting on top of the porch railing in the little containers I had them in...it wasn't even 5 minutes , I was holding another corn-at the time and was sitting down on the steps, but when I looked up and saw some of the others being really crazy active and trying to get in their little water dishes, I figured it out that it was way to hot but the one anery # 8 had already died. I rushed them back inside the house and checked on the others, they all seem okay for now. I tried to save the anery but it was already stiff, I could tell it was breathing still, tried to give it some water but it's mouth was stuck almost all the way open. I took a few pictures, I did a very stupid thing and just didn't realize that they would get so hot like that in such a short time. I feel sooooo...... aweful. Because the only pictures I have of most of them were erased off my computer and off my camera because I was going to take better, cleaarer shots of them after they had shed thier skins. Now the only pictures I have of that baby is of it died and stiff.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #79
Kali
I'm so sorry for you!

Old 08-04-2011, 07:05 PM   #80
Hillybean
They are looking good!!

I am sorry to hea about the anery .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google