CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Freaking out! My first snake laid an egg- she was a virgin as far as I know!

Old 07-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #11
Lyion

There's the egg. I'm glad only one looks fertile. The rest will likley be easier to lay, right?

Old 07-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #12
beautifullywild77
Did you put a lay box in with her? That is the most important thing to make her feel more comfortable to lay the eggs. I wouldnt be worry about the eggs just yet.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #13
Lyion
She always has moist hide in there, damp with moss, a towel over it. She went in there to lay...

Old 07-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #14
beautifullywild77
Now I would leave her be for a few hours so that she can lay the rest of the eggs in peace and without stress

Old 07-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #15
BloodyBaroness
Leave her be for the rest of the night. Check on her right before bed, but let her settle out and relax, don't handle her anymore today. She will have an easier time dealing with those eggs if she can relax and focus.

Offer her a small meal once the eggs have passed.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #16
Nanci
When she's done laying, let her rest overnight, then offer a couple fuzzies or hoppers in the morning, then a weanling or small adult four or five days later. Expect her to go blue almost immediately. She may or may not refuse food while blue. After she sheds, I'd feed her a small adult mouse (or weanling, if she's dropped down below 180) every five days until she has gained back to her pre-lay weight.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #17
Lyion
Thanks so much. I checked on her again, she has one more to go. I'm so worried about her. I think she can manage to bring it out, but I really hope she's okay... Do you think she might regurge in the morning though? The worst thing is that I'm going out of town tomorrow. I'll have the brother stay though, to watch her.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #18
bitsy
You really need to not disturb her any more. It won't help her and it will increase the chances of a regurge or a retained egg. You being out of town for the day might shred your nerves, but it could do her good. I'd advise your brother not to go near her - he can't do anything either and if she doesn't "recognise" him, it might disturb her more. She honestly doesn't need watching, she just needs to have complete peace and quiet. You can check her when you get back.

I do feel for you. Having expected eggs from a mature female is bad enough. Unexpected ones are a real rollercoaster.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #19
susang
I have a question, how did you accidently co-hab her and with what as you only list 1 corn and 1 king in your sig. Just curious?

Old 07-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #20
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyion View Post
Thanks so much. I checked on her again, she has one more to go. I'm so worried about her. I think she can manage to bring it out, but I really hope she's okay... Do you think she might regurge in the morning though? The worst thing is that I'm going out of town tomorrow. I'll have the brother stay though, to watch her.
Yes, seriously...leave her alone.
You are hurting her more than helping her at this point.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google