CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

And another new critter.......

Old 07-29-2002, 05:37 PM   #11
HomeBreeder
it'll be interesting to see how the caramel/amber plays in the wild with sunglow, bloodred, miami, and other such selectively bred specimen. Adding hypo (which seems to be less understood as time goes by, not more understood or motley also...

I agree, it looks like it may be a miami with caramel. Wonder how it will age, whatever it is?

Has anyone outcrossed their snows with bloodred stock? or blizzards? I wonder what a bloodred amber cross would look like over time...

So many questions, so little project space....

^Curtis

Old 07-29-2002, 06:02 PM   #12
Simon
Okay Rich,

Now you are getting too far...... you are now teasing us. You give us an animal to look at and doesn't tell us the name or if it's a new morph....how could you do this to all of us out there!!! You know that we can't resist on the looks of it.

It looks great!!!
Nice snake!!

Hope that it's going to be new morph for you!

Old 07-29-2002, 06:13 PM   #13
Darin Chappell
Well, Rich isn't going to tell us one way or another as to what that first baby is, so this guessing game means little or nothing at all. However, if I HAD TO GUESS . . .I'd say lav/amber.

The only thing about it I know for certain is that it's a nice looking animal. It'll be great seeing what it looks like in a few months and then as an adult!

Thanks for the mystery, Rich!

Darin

Old 07-29-2002, 09:18 PM   #14
Susan
I'm with Darin except...

I'd go a little farther and say Hypo Lav and Amber. I'll want one when they become available, and if I can afford it. The price tag on this combo is going to be pretty high!

Old 07-29-2002, 09:37 PM   #15
LindsayMarie
Very nice rich!

It does look to be mixed with the caramel gene! Honestly though, I have no clue *S* Very beautiful snake though! Congrats, Lindsay

Old 07-30-2002, 02:01 AM   #16
Serpwidgets
Re: I'm with Darin except...

Quote:
Originally posted by Susan
I'd go a little farther and say Hypo Lav and Amber. I'll want one when they become available, and if I can afford it. The price tag on this combo is going to be pretty high!
Amber is hypo.

My first impression is Lavender, dunno why. Caramel seems like a possibility, too, maybe Caramel+Lav. I'm guessing Lav and some other light-colored normal like miami. Too bad Rich was smart enough to name the image "projectcorn56.jpg"

There are a LOT of combinations that haven't been announced yet, so it's hard to say what any of the forms of anerythrism would look like when mixed with each other, except maybe Charcoal/Anery.

Thanks for at least sharing the pic though. It's an inspiration for me to keep looking for new combinations.

Old 07-30-2002, 07:20 AM   #17
John Ohio Herps
Smile I stiil think Crimson X Amber

The reason I dont think it is Lavender Cross( i could be wrong stranger things have happend) Is that Lavenders have shown to be very dominant in breeding, and this animal really doesnt seem to show this, the eyes for one example. But thats just my 2 cents. have a nice day

Old 07-30-2002, 12:10 PM   #18
HomeBreeder
do I see a hint of bloodred in that snake? amber/bloodred?

I bet when rich is having a bad time he queue's this thread so he can laugh out loud at all the wild ideas's were coming up with.

Hey Rich - you remember those old contests, "Guess how many gumballs are in the jar and win a trip to Vegas" sort of things? How about you do a "name the genetic brew" contest and let the winner come apprentice with you for one week or two during hatching season, or something? Maybe have 5 or more snakes, of various age, with one or two "no brainers" in the mix, but also some of your project stock... if by some miracle you had more than one person actually get all the answers correct pick the winner from a hat of those persons?

Just an idea

Old 07-30-2002, 12:59 PM   #19
SilverTongue
That would be fun!!!

Old 08-04-2002, 08:14 AM   #20
Walter Smith
My guess is,

I would say an Hypo Caramel ( Amber ), but using type 'B' Hypomelanism. ???????? Close?

Walter

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google