CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Charcoal something or another

Old 07-28-2003, 10:23 AM   #11
gardenmum
WOW

I have never cared for charcoals but if you start making them like that I wouldn't hesistate to get one!!!

Old 07-30-2003, 06:07 PM   #12
elaphe4herps
i think...

i think it's a very clean okeetee charcoal. i guess it could be a miami. hmmm... another mystery to ponder.

Old 07-31-2003, 12:41 PM   #13
Missymonkey
I like the blue eyes on it. I'm a sucker for blue eyes... (hope they stay that way for you)

Old 04-10-2004, 10:16 AM   #14
Cornfan
Do you still have this snake, Rich?

Old 04-10-2004, 11:35 AM   #15
Rich Z
Heck, I guess I still have it. But I don't take care of all of the 2003 animals myself, so I haven't really seen it lately.

I did a quick nose count the other day and came up with 1,925 corn snakes. Sheesh! No wonder I've lost my mind!

Old 04-10-2004, 10:41 PM   #16
carol
Yikes! I'd hate to see what that number will go to after the 2004's hatch!

Old 04-23-2004, 03:58 PM   #17
Shaky
That is COOL

Wow. How did I miss that one before?
Very interesting.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:27 PM   #18
Old_School
Rich, I know it has been a few years now, but are you still turning this morph out? was it a one of a kind? just curious as I am new to the site here and this Corn is just incredible! any adult pics? Thanks

Old 12-22-2008, 09:00 PM   #19
Weebonilass
Quote:
Originally Posted by manofcornsnakes View Post
Rich, I know it has been a few years now, but are you still turning this morph out? was it a one of a kind? just curious as I am new to the site here and this Corn is just incredible! any adult pics? Thanks

Wow, thanks for bringing this to the top... this animal is just dang heart stopping.. sure would love to know what happened to it!

Old 12-23-2008, 11:40 AM   #20
Rich Z
Actually I have a few like this. There seems to be something lurking in a gene pool I have that causes a general lightening effect in whatever other genetic traits it mixes with. Unfortunately it seems rather unpredictable, at least to my poor tired brain. And for the most part, I get only females. I do have one breeding sized male, but he didn't fare very well last year in the pairings with him.

I tend to get oddities like this every year. I think it is only after you are breeding a large number of animals of the same species that you can begin to grasp the diabolical nature and frequency of spontaneous genetic mutations. You have to wonder how many things like this pop up in the wild as a single individual that luck just doesn't favor them surviving to produce more of them. Or perhaps the trait itself that they carry is just not favorable to help them survive. I would imagine a dayglow purple cornsnake wouldn't last 48 hours in the wild.

But it sure is interesting watching the results in our own little personal test tube collections.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google