CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Egg incubator rack

Old 04-12-2008, 07:39 PM   #41
Voodoo
Rich,

I never could have imagined the amount of work that goes into your business. It has to be tough at times, but I'm sure you still come out satisfied with your efforts in the end, right?

Old 04-13-2008, 12:26 PM   #42
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
Rich,

I never could have imagined the amount of work that goes into your business. It has to be tough at times, but I'm sure you still come out satisfied with your efforts in the end, right?
That's hard to say. I guess I have to admit that I do have a lingering fear that when I am on my death bed that I will regret spending so much time working and not spending more time enjoying life..... This does suck up nearly all of my time.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:51 PM   #43
patm1313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
That's hard to say. I guess I have to admit that I do have a lingering fear that when I am on my death bed that I will regret spending so much time working and not spending more time enjoying life..... This does suck up nearly all of my time.
I guess it's a passion. If you're not finding any enjoyment in it, then it's not worth doing.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:04 AM   #44
Emanon
Oh my goodness that is a lot of work. Cool or not it is just a bunch of... WORK! Specially when it is your... work!

did I mention it looks like work?

Cool racks though

Old 04-14-2008, 03:37 PM   #45
Rich Z
It IS work. Just look at what it takes to get, say, 300 females bred three times. (I haven't counted the actual number of females being bred this year, so this is just a round number plucked out of the air). That means 900 instances of moving a male into the females cage, and 900 removals the following day. Not including the times no mating takes place. And ALL within the window of opportunity we call "breeding season".

That is all on top of doing the regular stuff around here.

I don't care how much you like to do something, too much is still TOO MUCH at times.

Plus getting old and feeble just doesn't help at ALL...........

Old 04-14-2008, 06:06 PM   #46
Emanon
Quote:
It IS work...

I don't care how much you like to do something, too much is still TOO MUCH at times.

I completely agree!!!

Old 04-14-2008, 07:50 PM   #47
wade
Quote:
Plus getting old and feeble just doesn't help at ALL...........
Tell me about it brother, I hear ya

Old 04-16-2008, 08:28 PM   #48
TandJ
Quote:
I guess it's a passion. If you're not finding any enjoyment in it, then it's not worth doing.
I think maybe 20 some years ago it was a passion to Rich, now its business as usual, understandably, it is worth doing even though it is over whelming..

Tim of T and J

Old 04-16-2008, 08:35 PM   #49
patm1313
Quote:
Originally Posted by TandJ View Post
I think maybe 20 some years ago it was a passion to Rich, now its business as usual, understandably, it is worth doing even though it is over whelming..

Tim of T and J
I think the saying is true, that if you keep getting more corns you will start to love each one less and less and eventually will lose almost all love for them, thus ending the passion.

But hey, if Rich has any complaints, he can lighten his load by sending me an adult Lavblood or two

And yes, I'm being serious about him sending me a Lavblood...

Old 04-17-2008, 04:49 PM   #50
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by TandJ View Post

Tim of T and J
I think it is more that I have learned to hate Murphy. When you see things that can't just be random bad luck and seemingly appear to be someone actively targeting you for just plain BAD luck, you eventually get kind of discouraged about things.

And, quite honestly, no one who sets out to do what I am doing now can possibly understand what things will be like when you start to get into the mid 50s in age. I know I didn't. I thought the things I could do at 35 years of age I could continue doing forever. Who would have ever thought that simply STANDING cleaning containers and feeding snakes for 8 hours at a stretch could be more than your back and knees can hold up under? Stooping down to mix 5 gallon buckets of damp vermiculite and peat moss gets old when your knees protest sharply about being asked to get you standing up again. And every year it gets harder to do....

When it comes to a battle between passion and pain, pain will win every time.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google