CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

...sigh! Fat Boy? or Gravid Gal?

Old 03-27-2009, 10:49 AM   #61
sierraherps
hahaha....well see there in lies the problem...Up until she got big as a house...
we had thought 4 four yrs that "SHE" was a "HE". So we housed "her" with a male for about 6 weeks off & on in Jan & Feb... never wittnessed any copulation... this was all a huge surprise!

But thank you... at least now I know it's normal..Lol

Old 04-01-2009, 05:33 PM   #62
Old_School
Any updates? do you have eggs yet?

Old 04-06-2009, 01:30 PM   #63
sierraherps
........sigh! No, sorry... no eggs yet... and I apologize for my absence as of late, but...sheesh... After going from acting like a puppy one day and with in 48 hours, being on her death bed... I had to make the most horrid decision ANY animal lover ever has to.... my little, almost 15 yr old Pom girl, "Princess", took her last breath laying in my arms Sat. morning at the Vets......

So although all of our "Slither'n" kids are still goin stong.. no eggs yet and it may be a couple days before I am back up and going....

Thank You For Caring though.. And I will come back ASAP should She have her dang eggs!

hugs ~MA

Old 04-06-2009, 07:42 PM   #64
Chrissie&Coral&Lilly
Wow, i just lurve ur gravid 'female' she reminds e of my little one (i won't be in the breeding business for a WHILE both mne are so young.......) is 'she' a Snow morph?

Old 04-06-2009, 08:57 PM   #65
Regit
I've been following this thread hoping to finally hear about eggs, your excitement is contagious.
So sorry to hear about Princess, that's hard, losing an animal you've had for so long
-hugs-

Old 04-06-2009, 09:17 PM   #66
Caryl
I'm sorry for your loss. I know how painful that decision can be.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:44 PM   #67
Old_School
So Sorry to hear of your loss, I had a Dachshund for over 15 years and she also passed in my arms. I share your pain.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:53 PM   #68
sierraherps
Exclamation

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HEART FELT CONDOLANCES for my Sweety!

And now... PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!! Yep that was me in the NEW thread cuz I am VERY VERY WORRIED...

YES! WOke up at 4:45 am to Whytsnake with 6 eggs............... But don't get to excited... Something REALLY does not look at all right.. This is a pic of her and her eggs as of about 30 minutes ago...

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/n...ggs_A-_bad.jpg

PS: and this I thought I would share with you who shared such kind words and the time to say them... about my loss.... This is the place we buried her yesterday.. Next to her Brother who died 5 yrs ago.... I made the grave marker myself yesterday... Kept me from loosing it to much.. But TODAY I AM ALONE AGAIN! And it would be WAY BETTER if Whytsnake would sooperate here! ///(kinda..LOL..... just kinda)

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/n...Memorial_1.jpg

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/n...t=100_2230.jpg

Old 04-07-2009, 01:18 PM   #69
bekers71
Well, looks like she's laying slugs. Other than that she looks fine and like an egg laying female should look. I'd go ahead and incubate them just in case. You'll know the bad ones soon enough. They smell nasty. Hopefully she will have a few good ones for you. If the entire clutch are slugs then you might wonder if your male is fertile or not.

Sorry about you loss. The memorial site looks very nice.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:00 PM   #70
sierraherps
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekers71 View Post
If the entire clutch are slugs then you might wonder if your male is fertile or not.

Sorry about you loss. The memorial site looks very nice.
Thank You Beck for your helpful and kind words... But I gotta tell ya... The Male BETTER NOT BE INFERTILE! lmao We bought him from you in Jan! LOL he came as one half of a "Proven Mated Pair"! LOL This might remind you of who I am talking about...

Here is the Motley Upper Keys male... I just took this pic to show how BIG our girl really got...

That male came with a REALLY tiny matching female (except she has the black lines) And you said she double clutches, even when you don't want her to...

and you threw in this Cert. Striper female in the deal... (The Keys MAle HAD A VERY GOOD MATING SEASON...LMAO! And yes, we gave him breaks in between so he could build his sperm count up between matings..

ringing a bell now?? LOL I know you must sell 100's of snakes hun... But hey.. At least now YOU REALLY KNOW WHO YOU BEEN HELPING this last couple months!

Here is one of the tiny fertile female and her HOPEFULLY fertile mated man!

Loves and Thankx again hun!
~Mary Ann

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google