CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

...sigh! Fat Boy? or Gravid Gal?

Old 04-07-2009, 02:41 PM   #71
bekers71
Hmmm..you sure it was me? Looking back at my reciepts I don't have one made out for snakes like that. I don't think I've ever owned an upper keys. There is another Becky on here. I think her sn is beckys designs. But even if you didn't buy them from me, I'm always happy to help.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:57 PM   #72
sierraherps
UPDATE:

Alrighty then... the 6 eggs that looked bad? ARE! But, as of 3pm today (doing as I was told, I did not go near her viv since 10am yesterday) SHE HAS 2 MORE EGGS that LOOK GOOD!!! Keep your fingers crossed! We only took a quick look as we checked the temp in the box...So there could be more, but we could easily see 2 that are a warm white color, no tan, no brown and no wrinkles or dents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TO THE GODDESS OF ALL SNAKES:
PLEASE! PLEASE PLEASE!!... Even if those are the ONLY two eggs that she has this year that are good... Let them stay that way!!!! (...psssst, but it would be OK with me if she had more too....) BUT ONLY IF IT DOES NOT STRESS HER AND IF YOU HAVE TIME!************************

LMAO!!! Whatchya think? At this point I figure we need all the help we can get... And it can't hurt! LMAO!!!

Anyways.... A special thankx to those of you who cautioned me "NOT TO PANIC" and to "STAY CALM" and ESPECIALLY TO:

"LEAVE HER ALONE!"

Love Ya.... And Listened to ya... And stuff is lookin MUCH better now!

You guys REALLY TRULY ROCK!

~Mary Ann

Old 04-09-2009, 04:35 PM   #73
sierraherps
I am so sorry Beck...LOL I obviously had a HUGE "FIBRO-FOG" moment there, you are right! Not only was it NOT you we bought these three from, It wasn't even another BECKY AT ALL!!!!
Sorry 'bout that!!

.....and as far as Whytsnake goes... We are having one HECK of a hard time getting our incubator to get and stay above 80*.... And figure we are better off not bothering her until we are ready to move what ever possible viable eggs she may have in with her... At least we KNOW her lay box is running from 82* to 84*.... And what we CAN see of her through the sides of the box still looks to be swollen... no where near the amount of LENGTH of swelling she had, but about 1/3 to 1/2 of the swollen length is still visable.

WARNING : Semi-Off topic but wieghing on my mind

I REALLY NEED FOR AT LEAST A COUPLE OF HER EGGS TO MAKE IT..... something GOOD really needs to happen to me this week! WAY to much loss and saddness.......... And tonight will be my first "NIGHT" with-out my Princess keeping me company while hubby works. The days alone were hard enough............sigh! And my hopes of meeting up with a very nice Lady in Carson City to look at new pups was dashed too... Only person I know that could have taken me just got called away to a family emergency in SOUTHERN CAL....... So....

COME ON WHYTSNAKE EGGS!!!!!!!! MOMMA NEEDS A NEW ATTITUDE! (lol, kinda)

Old 04-09-2009, 09:01 PM   #74
bekers71
It's ok. We all have those moments.

If you want the best way to incubate the eggs, IMO, put them in some lightly damp moss in a rubbermaid tote, couple small holes in the sides and sit them in the top of your closet or on top of your refrigerator. I don't use an incubator. I have a small room with a heater in it. Temps range from 86* high to 72* low through out the day and night. Some hatched last year at 60 days some went on to almost 80.

If it's been a couple days and your pretty sure there are more eggs in with her, I'd go ahead and remove them. Just do it slow and try not to disturb her too much. If there are a couple good eggs in there and you dont take them out now, you might risk them drying up. She will be fine if you slowly reach in and gently take the eggs out.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:39 AM   #75
sierraherps
....................sigh! Figures... We find out he's a she....then She lays 8 eggs over 2 days.........and it has now been 7 days and she still has LUMPS... more than a few,,, She looks horrible I am getting her to drink from eye dropper only....

.........................................sigh!

Old 04-13-2009, 12:08 PM   #76
sierraherps
OK, this first part, I copied from what I posted on Brett's Thread, since his little Momma & My First Time "FEMALE" ....hehehe... let alone her being a 1st time Momma, seem to be nearly mirroring each other's problems... Not to mention, scaring He and I on nearly an HOURLY basis!!!

I SO know what you are going through Brett. It just so happens I have 'just enough' heart left, that isn't breaking, to be able to "send some out to you " Hun...

I am not going to even pretend that I am not SCARED for Whytsnakes out come right now. But then again... I AM still grieving the loss of my 14 and 1/2 yr old companion, best friend & 4 legged, furry Daughter, PRINCESS (my Pom/Maltese mix that I raised from day one on a bottle) so I also may be "overly sensitive shall we say?
When I was "forced" to let her go last week-end, after sudden horrid illness that came out of the blue... I was "DEVISTATED" to say the least! Then... right after I let her go, we came home to 6 eggs that Whytsnake had laid! I took it as a "GOOD SIGN" you know... The Cosmos, or what ever, reminding me of the wonderous, never ending, "The Circle Of Life"....
The next morning... 2 more eggs.... and though I was still shattered inside, those two little eggs brought at least one side of my mouth up, "almost" to a half grin. ...................that was LAST SATURDAY!!
...Oh Man,,, I so digressed there, sorry Brett ...
MY POINT BEING... LOL

That I am NOW telling myself that there is NO REASON to think about anything other than a positive conclusion for both our Gals... And us. Our GALS need to "FEEL" us "FEELING" positive! I truly took to heart to what everyone told me about Whytsnake picking up on my panic and fear & that further stressing her!!! THEY AINT LYING! Last night when I got her to drink and she looked up at me with those precious pink eyes? She was "CALM" & "RELAXED" not just worn out... Because I WAS CALM for her sake!
So right now... I am off to the BIG OLD SINK, to draw my poor half skinny, half chubby first time Momma a nice warm bath! And I will continue to send you ALL THE SAME GOOD THOUGHTS AND CALMING FEELINGS that I can muster!!! I have to believe... We, all 4 of us... will make it through this!!! And we can draw needed strength and positivness from each other!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am thinking That Whyt may have had a break through!!! I am thinking THIS IS A VERY GOOD SIGN!

It was close to an hour ago, posting the note to Brett.... And... Just finished bath & drinking water, and IT WAS GOOD! I just leave her in her laying box & put THAT in the right sink. then as she slowly comes up my hand, I just gently guide her to the other sink and lower slowly until she feels the water. Well this time, She enjoyed the water for a bit!!! She drank & rested her top half in the water for maybe 10 minutes then started to lift up & out, so I just did as everyone says to do...with my one hand under her upper, I then put the other, between her body and the rim of the sink as she slithered over....

OK... the BAD NEWS... I feel at least 4 to 5 eggs still in her...and they feel VERY FIRM.

GOOD NEWS?... (I think) at least three of them are bunched up now, in a row with the first one RIGHT AT her vent! But the funny thing was, about a good 3 inches, starting 1/2 way past the vent and going the rest of the way up her body over the vent... Feelt FIRM but Looked like Balls Of Cottage cheeze... BUT WAIT!....

THIS IS WHAT I REALLY THINK IS THE GOOD NEWS.... After just that 10 or 15 minutes in the warm water... she no more than got her whole bod back in her laying box... AND SHE WENT RIGID! I mean from HEAD TO TAIL! HEAD STICKING UP ONE WAY... and At least 5 in of TAIL rigid and up the other way with her body twisted between.......

THEN...... BOOOOOOM! ! ! ! ! ! ! Even for a big of snake as she always has been... I SWEAR SHE HAS NEVER DEFICATED THAT MUCH AT ONCE!!!!!! I am talking she just kept pushin and poopin until there was the same amount in ONE pooping that it would normaly take her three Poopings to add up to!

Now I figure, the cottage cheeze look was her "straining her already worn out muscles" in that area?? And I know "POOPING" especialy THAT AMOUNT, had to take some pressure off?? Maybe? I am trying to be logical here ALONG with POSITIVE.... but one question...

She never pooped that much back when she was eating Live Adult Rats!! I truly am not exagerating... That was about 2 and 1/2 rats she squirted out. Now my question is... HOW THE H#!! is that possible, when she ATE 1 PINKY on Mar 13, and her last F/T Adult Mouse, was clear back in mid Feb.. And I PERSONALY cleaned her VIV within days of EACH FEEDING! And all was normal! As far as deficating went anyway... (That was back when we still thought She was a HE...& Kept trying to BREED HER to one of our other females..She would NOT eat!) SO WHERE DID THAT HUGE POOP COME FROM?

This one I ain't gonna be able to "LOGIC EXPLAINATION" myself out of... hoping You'All as usual... have an answer or two??

BUT MAINLY......................... This is MAINLY pretty good news right???
Oh yeah, after she pooped... the FIRM feeling around her vent is now only about one egg sized, and about 2 inches up from the vent... But she DOES still have 2 or 3 VERY firm eggs that are sitting just over the half way mark, going from her HEAD to her tail.....

I TELL YOU ALL!!! I WORSHIP THE GROUND YA'ALL POST ON!!! The best thing you ever did, was GET on me to "CALM DOWN!" Whyt behaves WAY more like "Momma's Girl" again... even with the discomfort/pain/distress, what ever you want to call it... She isn't running from me now... She is running to me! And I have You Guys To Thank For that!!!!!

MMUUAAHH!!!!! Now there will be more regular updates... I am sure... Now that that Bath got "SOMETHING" moving! And don't forget to keep sending those GOOD POSITIVE THOUGHTS to Brett too... Bless his heart!!

...................back later~ Amry Ann

Old 04-14-2009, 01:36 PM   #77
sierraherps
The latest up-date is good and bad... SHE IS finally drinking water on her own... Out of her bowl... EVEN though she is in the opal eyed phase of bing in the blue! But, even after the bath, GENTLE message and HUGE poop yesterday.... There is NO CHANGE today. The eggs we feel WAY UP HIGH in her... are still there... And the ones we felt close to her vent yesterday.......................sigh! Still there too.

I have to say... My heart goes out to poor Brett & Dizz... But keeping up with their thread is really begining to scare me... more and more as Whyt seems to be duplicating a lot of Dizz's symptoms.

And this has been a channel "Whytsnake" news, up-date of the day. Please tune in next time when we hope we can say...
"The Crisis Has Ended and all is well once more!"

(yeah yeah yeah.... lol... I know... "Don't count on it very soon...it is all part of that Cornsnake Hurry Up & Wait thing" ... huh!?!" lol)

Old 04-14-2009, 02:19 PM   #78
danielle
Have you considered a vet visit? It seems at this point she would be considered egg bound and may require egg aspiration or surgery to remove the eggs. The egg by her vent should have passed and probably is keeping the other eggs from being able to descend. I would call your vet and get their opinion to be safe

Old 04-14-2009, 03:22 PM   #79
sierraherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle View Post
Have you considered a vet visit? It seems at this point she would be considered egg bound and may require egg aspiration or surgery to remove the eggs. The egg by her vent should have passed and probably is keeping the other eggs from being able to descend. I would call your vet and get their opinion to be safe
I TOTALY AGREE WITH YOU.... Trust me, I am a very worried Mom! But unfortuetly, I live in South Lake Tahoie, CA. And there is only 1 vet here who even "Says" "reptiles' in their ad... But when I called them about this problem...explaining how long it has been and that I realize she may need surgery... The answer I got was...
"Well, we deal with diagnosing & treating reptile infections and skin diseases. we don't do reptile surgeries, not much call for that up here. The only reptiles we have seen in the last couple years were from the Pet Store, and that only happened twice. I have heard that there is a Vet down in Reno that specializes in snakes and small reptiles though, maybe check there"

Grrrrrrr..... I informed him he should TAKE "Reptiles" off his ad! Because seriously, he actually told me when pressed, that there would be no reason for him to see my snake, after all, the most he could do is charge me an office visit just to confirm that I was probably right...now how STUPID is THAT!!!!
Reno is over 100 miles away! We don't even own a car, no need here as it is a small town and there is an excellant City Bus system.

That is why I have spent the better part of three days searching, reading, researching, and posting "help questions" EVERYWHERE I could find on the net. And so far, you are the first one to agree with me that She may need a VET! Everyone else is pretty much in agreement, if the eggs are to firm, and not liquid enough to "asperate with a syringe" then they say....

#1. "Snakes rarely IF EVER do snakes die from egg binding"
#2 "In their experience, the eggs come out eventually, just do not stress the snake & let nature run it's course.
#3 "Warm baths and gentle message do help as long as you can tell it is not stressing the snake further.

and 4th down the list of MOST COMMONLY found binding help is the "try to get them to eat small meal, that will help push the eggs down followed by the FEW that recomend the Calcium med thing....

Well... it has been 3 days since we offered her food, so I will once again try that today... (We have F/T little fuzzies & Pinkies for our 2 baby '08's... as I know a full grown F/T mouse is NOT a good idea at this point... And she really DID enjoy that bath yesterday and relaxed quite a bit, so I will do that again also.............Ya' all, keep your fingers crossed for my Whytsnake would ya? I do NOT think I could bare to loose her this soon after Princess...!

Old 04-14-2009, 04:55 PM   #80
danielle
I would look on ARAV's website where you can get a complete list of all certified herp vets in your area and then call in a favor from a friend or see if you can borrow their car. Of course snakes die of egg binding though I couldn't tell you how long they would be egg bound before that. You can ask your vet for pitocin or calcium injections you can give from home too and try that, but if there is a sideways egg that won't help. Make sure the one by the vent isn't sideways first and if it is sometimes you can turn it the right way with messaging. I hope she lays soon for you though!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google