CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Retirement........

Old 05-26-2009, 08:58 PM   #51
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Not a chance....... Connie used to want a dog, but she has changed her mind now. At least for the time being. We don't want anything tying us down, at least for a while. I may set up a map of the USA on a board and just throw a dart at it every month. Whever that dart hits, that's where we will take a drive to........ I just hope it doesn't land in the middle of Lake Michigan...
Don't you have one of those amphibious cars already?

http://www.gizmag.com/go/2167/

Old 05-26-2009, 08:58 PM   #52
Drizzt80
Quote:
Whever that dart hits, that's where we will take a drive to........ I just hope it doesn't land in the middle of Lake Michigan...
Middle of North Dakota may be worse!! If it happens, let me know we got plenty of gophers we could go out and plink. That .50 would be sweet!!

D80

Old 05-26-2009, 09:00 PM   #53
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiesCornField View Post
If you hold on to a few of the adults until Daytona, I'll be sure to contribute to the retirement fund.
Honestly I am not planning on taking adults there. They take up too much real estate on the tables. And I'm not planning on even offering them for sale (if they don't sell as a package deal with the business) until the Fall.

But I am planning on bringing a boat load of babies there. Assuming the business doesn't sell before them, with the babies along with it. Then you'll see some happy couple that looks like Connie and I walking around the show without a care in the world....

Old 05-26-2009, 09:01 PM   #54
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Honestly I am not planning on taking adults there. They take up too much real estate on the tables. And I'm not planning on even offering them for sale (if they don't sell as a package deal with the business) until the Fall.

But I am planning on bringing a boat load of babies there. Assuming the business doesn't sell before them, with the babies along with it. Then you'll see some happy couple that looks like Connie and I walking around the show without a care in the world....
Meh, I'll still contribute. I don't have any Serpenco stock of my own, so I'll have to get some either way. LOL

Old 05-26-2009, 09:06 PM   #55
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiesCornField View Post
Don't you have one of those amphibious cars already?

http://www.gizmag.com/go/2167/

I wonder what AAA would think when you called them for service?

"Where are you located, sir?"

"Uh, in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico. I ran out of gas....."

"Do you have a pen and paper, sir? Here's the coast guard's phone number..."

Old 05-26-2009, 09:12 PM   #56
tricksterpup
Hey rich, I posted info of your retirement on another big breeder forum.. and someone posted an actual good question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocko View Post
I wonder how many hes produces in all those years? It would be cool if he recorded it all. Maybe he did.....
What do you think??

Old 05-26-2009, 09:28 PM   #57
medusacoils
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80 View Post
Middle of North Dakota may be worse!! If it happens, let me know we got plenty of gophers we could go out and plink. That .50 would be sweet!!

D80
I've seen what happens when you hit a prairie dog with a .22mag or a .17mag and that makes a mess. Imagine what a .50 would do to a gopher! INSTANT GRAVY!

Wayne

Old 05-26-2009, 09:33 PM   #58
medusacoils
I just wanted to say THANK YOU! I hope that no matter what happens, you will continue to be a mentor and not a stranger! I also hope that you and the Misses will enjoy your time together!

You will be missed!

Wayne

Old 05-26-2009, 09:51 PM   #59
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricksterpup View Post
Hey rich, I posted info of your retirement on another big breeder forum.. and someone posted an actual good question

What do you think??
Sorry, but I have no idea how many I have produced all total. At one time I had written a bunch of programs to keep track of inventory and religiously kept up with it, but after a while, the workload pushed it far to the bottom of the list in priorities. The least time I added any data to the datebase was in 1995.

I've got just shy of 5,000 eggs incubating right now, and have had as many as maybe 7,000 babies once. Usually I try to hit between 3,000 and 4,000. But trust me, it's no picnic. Many a time I could feel a nervous breakdown nibbling at the edge of my mind when I would stare at the egg incubating containers marked with red dots meaning they had hatched and waiting to be set up. When you see 100 or more containers like that, it pretty much buckles your knees on you at times.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:15 PM   #60
tricksterpup
Quote:
Sorry, but I have no idea how many I have produced all total. At one time I had written a bunch of programs to keep track of inventory and religiously kept up with it, but after a while, the workload pushed it far to the bottom of the list in priorities. The least time I added any data to the datebase was in 1995.

I've got just shy of 5,000 eggs incubating right now, and have had as many as maybe 7,000 babies once. Usually I try to hit between 3,000 and 4,000. But trust me, it's no picnic. Many a time I could feel a nervous breakdown nibbling at the edge of my mind when I would stare at the egg incubating containers marked with red dots meaning they had hatched and waiting to be set up. When you see 100 or more containers like that, it pretty much buckles your knees on you at times.
Rich, all I can say is wow..
Now I understand..
Just wow.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google