CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Amel or RO?

Old 09-21-2010, 06:47 PM   #1
Sheenie99
Amel or RO?

What do you think of this female? We've always called her Amel but now we're wondering if she could be Reverse Okeetee? Thanks!

Old 09-21-2010, 06:51 PM   #2
chuk_138
You can call that a fat amel. It's funny I see this thread after reading the one about 1kg snakes.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:54 PM   #3
Kuzco
RO are amel, just breed to have a thick white border. I'd still stick with amel, the border is slightly thick but not nearly as thick as most RO i've seen.

also most RO i've seen have orange with RED saddles while yours seem to be orange on a deeper orange

Old 09-21-2010, 07:13 PM   #4
Chip
I've seen snakes marketed as R/O with no more white than that. Really, that term is just a descriptive trade name. I've seen some lines that do the term "reverse okeetee" justice, but as said, genetically, they're still an amel.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
tspuckler
I'd consider that a standard amel. Reverse Okeetees have wide white borders, like this female in my collection:

And this male:

Old 09-21-2010, 07:22 PM   #6
Sheenie99
She's 750g and 4ft 1in long. She's actually lost some weight since this time last year....but I guess we'll have to invest in a running wheel....

Old 09-21-2010, 07:23 PM   #7
Sheenie99
And those are very beautiful RO's!

Old 09-21-2010, 08:20 PM   #8
wstphal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheenie99 View Post
She's 750g and 4ft 1in long. She's actually lost some weight since this time last year....but I guess we'll have to invest in a running wheel....
Stair climbing is working for my fat anery mot. Other people swim their snakes for exercise in tepid water in the bathtub.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google