CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

holdback yearlings

Old 09-15-2010, 05:43 PM   #1
jenanjon
holdback yearlings

These are 2 yearling corns that i held back as there was just summat different about them.
They have both totally changed since they hatched and look like different snakes. One a lot more than the other to the extent that i couldnt understand what it was doing.
first up the male

Cant really judge if he colour has picked up in the picture as im colourblind. In all honesty i dont really know what colour he is. been told he is very peachy.

An last but not the least the girly.

so whats your opinion

Old 09-15-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
crotalis40741
only my opinion not an expert but the female favors the tessera morph that south mountain is working with. beautiful animals either way.

Old 09-16-2010, 06:49 AM   #3
Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalis40741 View Post
only my opinion not an expert but the female favors the tessera morph that south mountain is working with. beautiful animals either way.
Exactly! At first glance, you want to call them stripes, but there is just something not right about calling them that, and the female most definitely has all the right indications of being a tessera. What are the parents and can you post photos? Do you have any photos of the siblings?

Old 09-16-2010, 07:18 AM   #4
Nanci
What do the bellies and tails look like? What were the parents? Do you have pics??

Old 09-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #5
Irish Eyes (Mrs.Z)
I think the female is amazing! The male is gorgeous, too, in his subtle way :-). But that girl! I'd have kept her, too!

Old 09-16-2010, 02:46 PM   #6
Jessicat
They could also be nice Motley/Stripes. (Genotypically Motleys, but with one long stripe). That's what I first though of because Stripes tend to have thinner stripes and a thicker ground color stripe.

I'm by no means even educated enough about Tessera to make a guess on that.. When I think of Tessera I still picture a hatchling, and after seeing Nanci's yearlings I know that they change pretty drastically as they grow.

As far as the color goes... It's hard to tell their true colors because the pictures kind of look different from each other. That's crazy, being color blind and not knowing for sure what colors your snakes are! What colors can you see?

Edit: Hrmmm, I just looked through morph pictures, and they do look a lot like Pin Stripe Motleys to me.. except that their stripe is so perfect. It's not impossible for Pin Stripe Mots, but it does seem more rare.
As far as them possibly being Tessera.. they don't look like normals to me (second one is maybe questionable, but looks more like an anery morph to me, possibly a ghost). Wouldn't it be pretty rare to have a Tessera morph (other than normal) pop in your collection at this point in the morphs history?

Old 09-17-2010, 07:26 AM   #7
Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessicat View Post
[youtube]
As far as them possibly being Tessera.. they don't look like normals to me (second one is maybe questionable, but looks more like an anery morph to me, possibly a ghost). Wouldn't it be pretty rare to have a Tessera morph (other than normal) pop in your collection at this point in the morphs history?
Tessera is a pattern morph and they very well could be anery tesseras or even ghost tesseras. And if I could have dilute pop up unexpectedly in my collection from a single snake I purchased 12 years ago, why couldn't tessera unexpectedly pop up in a collection, especially if breeders thought they simply had stripes?

Old 09-18-2010, 07:26 AM   #8
Cornparadise
the female looks just like my pastel Ghost pinstripe Motley. I love her

Old 09-18-2010, 11:27 AM   #9
wax32
I prefer the male! I'd guess something along the lines of ghost pinstripe/motley maybe with some dilute or something mixed in. Really nice.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:03 AM   #10
Wilko92
Gorgeous snakes, loving the tessera (look) of the female. What were the parents?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google