CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Caramel confusion

Old 09-22-2010, 05:54 PM   #11
acer
Just glanced through the rack at them. Looks like I have 3 ambers... all of which are non-eaters

Old 09-22-2010, 06:06 PM   #12
pridecity
I also wanted to add that I still have two or three snakes that haven't eaten. They were born in July. They'll probably eat when they get hungry enough. Have you held the snake, holding right near the head so that they can't move and holding a pink in the other hand? I got a few of mine to start eating this way. Just watch your fingers! Most snakes won't get you but remember, once they latch on, they aren't likely to let go because they think your food. There's a thread somewhere about force feeding this way, which is how I learned.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:43 PM   #13
acer
Well, its kinda a bad year to decide to get out of caramel anyway. The 2nd clutch is due to hatch from that pairing next week, and these hatched yesterday from a butter motley x a different het butter anery...

Old 09-27-2010, 09:03 PM   #14
acer
Ok, I had my girlfriend and a friend look at them after reading your explanations. Tell me if these look tagged right. Still uncertain on a couple...

caramel

hypo

amber

hypo or amber?

hypo or amber?

Old 09-28-2010, 12:02 AM   #15
Jessicat
The last two in question look like Ambers to me! They have an overall yellowy tint.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google