CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

HYBINO Phenotype Discussion

Old 09-22-2010, 08:47 PM   #21
fyrefocks
Those are some nice looking hybinos with great genetics and an even greater price tag. Good luck with you sale!

Old 09-22-2010, 08:59 PM   #22
abell82
Just to play devils advocate... is it possible the borders are actually pinkish purple, and are appearing grey on certain monitors? Albinos, don't begin life stark white, they grow into it.

How's this look, color wise? (Albino San Diego Gopher)

How about this?

Old 09-22-2010, 09:28 PM   #23
Nanci
To me, the borders of the saddles look clear- like the white hasn't developed yet.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:14 PM   #24
Toddsnake
ReptileDoc,

E-mail sent.....

Todd

Old 09-23-2010, 05:47 AM   #25
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by abell82 View Post
Just to play devils advocate... is it possible the borders are actually pinkish purple, and are appearing grey on certain monitors? Albinos, don't begin life stark white, they grow into it.

How's this look, color wise? (Albino San Diego Gopher)

How about this?
Yep, but albino gophers, milks and kingsnakes have that purply colour, not corns! (Not that I'm saying the OP's selling hybirds, just that gophers aren't a good comparison IMO)
Having looked through this year's hatchling pics, I did find that this baby's borders look greyish on my screen though, and I know it's just an amel

Old 09-23-2010, 06:31 AM   #26
SnakeAround
That amel does look like an amel and it has red pupils AND red irisises, not like the ones in the original post.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:31 AM   #27
Susan
To be honest, had the ad not read hybino, I would have called them nice ultramels as well. The second photo shows that look the best in the eye, but I can see the issue in all the photos. Perhaps a close-up head photo showing the true eye color would help end all doubts.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:02 PM   #28
Em Wright
My only point here... photos can lie. You can never be 100% sure with photos on a computer. There could be lighting issues that make the image appear one way or another. I think when Doc says "they have red eyes" that he'd know better since he can actually SEE the animal and isn't looking at an iffy picture.

I do agree, some close-up shots of the eyes and scales would certainly help to put this matter to rest.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:10 PM   #29
diamondlil
Would it be posible to see the parents? Also, had the female mated the previous season and if so what with, could there be any possibility of retained sperm?

Old 09-23-2010, 11:13 PM   #30
Toddsnake
ReptileDoc,

PayPal Payment sent.....

Can't pass-up a good deal like this! I'll take a trio!

Todd

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google