CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Zigzag question

Old 10-02-2010, 12:38 AM   #1
Becca
Zigzag question

I have been looking at a lot of pictures of the zigzag style on Corns and find that a ton of them only have a very tiny portion of their saddles skewed into the zigzag pattern. The better ones have almost their whole backs in that pattern. So...my question is: how much zigzag pattern does a Corn have to have in order to be classified as a zigzag? The reason I ask is because one of my new Amel hatchlings has a very bizarre pattern on a portion of her back, but it doesn't cover very far. Would he be considered a zigzag?

Old 10-02-2010, 06:18 AM   #2
Susan
The general rule is a snake needs to have 80% or more of the saddles in a zigzag or aztec pattern to be classified as such. Those with less zigzag/aztec pattern, such as yours, are often called partial zigzag/aztec.

Old 10-02-2010, 11:59 AM   #3
leeroy1
as susan says really although i understood it to be over 75% or 1/3 of body length

heres a couple of partial zigzags i had this year

Old 10-02-2010, 11:59 AM   #4
leeroy1
opps was meant to put over 3/4 of body length not 1/3....

Old 10-02-2010, 12:49 PM   #5
CULEBRA85
I also agree wit susan....my snow ziggy is a a great example of a full zigzag.

Old 10-02-2010, 12:49 PM   #6
CULEBRA85
his pattern goes from head to tail....

Old 10-02-2010, 12:55 PM   #7
leeroy1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CULEBRA85 View Post
I also agree wit susan....my snow ziggy is a a great example of a full zigzag.
Looks a little more aztec.. do you have any bigger pics?

Old 10-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #8
CULEBRA85
here are the one other ones i got on this comp.

Old 10-02-2010, 03:46 PM   #9
leeroy1
i'd personally class it as an aztec and looks very similar to a stunning 2yr old snow aztec i have

Old 10-02-2010, 06:37 PM   #10
Becca
Ah, great to know. Thanks so much for the input, everyone. I wasn't sure what to make of this little guy. I've been contemplating on keeping him, but I haven't decided yet. I appreciate the help!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google