• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Bad/Incomplete Shed: What To Do

I'm so glad I found this! I got my corn snake about a month ago. He's about 2. He's going through a bad shed right now so I tried soaking him, but he flipped out about being placed in the water (it was lukewarm, not too hot, not cold!). He still has a lot of the old skin on. Should I give him a few more days before trying again?

Going to try this for Bandit's next shed. His first shed came off in two pieces. Since I have a more natural tank with LOTS of wood and things to catch the skin on, I didn't think much of it. But this time the shed was littered about the bottom of the enclosure and he seemed to have a much harder time. Even pulled a scale off his side somehow. :(

Great sticky, and thanks for the write-up!

-Travis

I have always given mine a "bath." I fill a bowl with luke warm water, and let him soak for a minute or two. I can then usually use my hands to start the shed again, and he's able to wiggle on out of it with no problems.

Next, take your beautiful snake out for a photoshoot in her new skin!

Thanks for looking- hopefully this will help someone down the line!

Nanci

Wow, your snake's new skin is absolutely stunning! The colors and patterns are so vibrant and unique. Taking her out for a photoshoot was a great idea to showcase her beauty. Your post is not only visually captivating but also informative.

If your snake sheds, and all you find is a few pieces, check the snake to make sure all the shed has come off. You may find your snake still has pieces of shed clinging to her! Don't worry, but don't leave her like that, either.
hello nice to see you all today

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 CPH1893 發送

Back