CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Want an edit button and other perks? Become a contributing member! Click here.

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Michael

Old 10-16-2018, 03:50 PM   #21
Rich Z
Yeah, I am leasing a 500 gallon propane tank from a local dealer. I would do the same thing. If he says he can't refill it, then what do I need it here for? Take it away!

We are just cleaning up little stuff around here, and it is tuckering us out. Every tree we have seems to have dropped loads of branches. I look at pics of places that really got demolished, and just can't imagine......

https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/20...ichael/572956/

Old 10-17-2018, 02:15 PM   #22
Twolunger
I wondered if the bamboo stood up to the wind. After Irma my neighbor's 45 foot Bismarck
died. I was surprised, as mine didn't seem to be affected. But about a month ago mine started to die too. I cut it down and found an infestation of palm grubs. Apparently when Palm trees become stressed the weevils attack it. Now I noticed my Foxtail palm is growing at an angle. I guess I didn't get off without at least minor damage. Nothing like the devastation of the panhandle though.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:34 PM   #23
Rich Z
Connie and I did a walk around today, and not much damage to the bamboo groves. Looks like a few snapped, and a bunch of dead culms got pushed over by the winds. Hurricane Dennis back in 2005 caused a lot more damage in my larger bamboo grove, knocking over a lot of culms.

But LOTS of debris that we need to clean up. The trees must have been blowing around like crazy during the storm.

Our circular walking path through the woods is blocked in a couple of spots by downed trees, though, so the battery powered chain saw will come in handy. I used it to clear away the large tree branches that fell in front of the carport, and I was pretty impressed by how well it handled the job. It's only got a 16 inch blade on it, so it isn't for real heavy duty cutting jobs. But incredibly quiet running and doesn't bog down even a bit when cutting.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google