CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Walk About

Old 08-02-2019, 11:23 AM   #1
kodasnake
Walk About

My friend Koda has gone on walk (slither) about. It has been common for her to periodically get free range of the house for several hours at a time, but it’s been days this time and she is nowhere to be found. I worry about her finding food and water. I have obviously looked in all the usual hiding Spots and moved all the appliances, cleaned out shelves and generally kept an eye out. I thought I’d tap the community for ideas that may not have occurred to me.

Sad without my friend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 08-02-2019, 12:48 PM   #2
Rich Z
Well, in my opinion, I would take the time now to make your caging escape proof. Sooner or later, perhaps even right now, your friend will leave and never look back.

Old 08-03-2019, 10:52 AM   #3
Twolunger
There are far too many hiding places for a snake in the typical home. Appliances, especially, provide great hiding places. Many reclining chairs or sofas have room inside for the reclining metal parts and a dozen snakes can hide in them. Your snake may start slithering around looking for food or water. Sprinkle flour along the walls and if it moves about you will know the area to look.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:46 AM   #4
Frank Pinello
Typically an escape snake in a home will follow the wall and hide in things along the wall.
Good luck

Old 08-03-2019, 03:42 PM   #5
kodasnake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
There are far too many hiding places for a snake in the typical home. Appliances, especially, provide great hiding places. Many reclining chairs or sofas have room inside for the reclining metal parts and a dozen snakes can hide in them. Your snake may start slithering around looking for food or water. Sprinkle flour along the walls and if it moves about you will know the area to look.

Thx for the flour idea. I’ll try that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 08-03-2019, 05:02 PM   #6
Twolunger
They feel safer in tight hiding places. They can squeeze under a closet door and hide in a shoe or boot. Often closet and interior doors have space under them so they clear any carpeting when opened. It's a good place to start a search.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:12 PM   #7
Rich Z
Right before you go to bed, and immediately after getting up in the morning, take a look around. Those are the most likely times you will see the escapee.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google