• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

[Wanted] Beauty Snake or help finding one.

GeorgeEndrulat

I'm having quite a hard time finding CB/CBB 2014 beauty snakes.

Any of these:

Orthriophis taeniurus ssp.
Orthriophis taeniurus callicyanous
Orthriophis taeniurus mocquardi
Orthriophis taeniurus friesei

Just not cave or china.

I've contacted round about every shop in northern Illinois: nothing. I've seen them for sale from DTS herp, but after the BOI thread I'm choosing to not buy from them.

Does anyone know of any breeders, local to Illinois is best, but at this point anything will do.

And have they stopped being exported? It seems like there has to be a reason why they're just not available anymore.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Most breeders of beauties are just starting to hatch out eggs right now. In a month or so there will be lots of CBB available. They are still being imported also. Imports are usually always adults and can be pure evil LOL
Hang in there for a month or so and you should have just about all Orthriophis taeniurus sub species to choose from.

daddio207, thank you, honestly. After looking and looking, even finding apparently false information that eggs are laid late fall, and then assuming that by july cbb < yearlings would be available, contacting multiple shops, breeders, going to two shows/expos you are the first to give me information that is worth a damn.

I really do appreciate it and thank you for the great news.

Your Welcome.
They are rare to find at shows/expos.
If you haven't found what you are looking for in a month or so then bump this thread or msg me. I love beauties and am always keeping an eye out for them to add to my collection of Asian Beauty/Rat snakes.

Back