CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Wrinkly skin - pre-shedding or ?dehydration?

Old 02-20-2015, 06:09 PM   #1
brixia
Wrinkly skin - pre-shedding or ?dehydration?

Hi folks, my snake is about 5-6 months old. I've had her for 2.5 months and she has never shed yet since.
2 weeks ago I thought I was seeing "blueing".
For 1 week now the snake has had very wrinkly skin all along her body.
I was concerned about possible dehydration.
Here is a pic, how does this look to you?
She has a shallow water bowl she can fit her whole body into. (I have never actually seen the snake go in there while I'm in the room, but I'm away all day.)
Thanks for your insight!

Old 02-20-2015, 06:40 PM   #2
yojoe05
Ball Pythons always get that wrinkly look when they go to shed but I've never seen that in a corn snake. He probably is getting ready to shed or by the looks of him may have started shedding, but then he also may be dehydrated he has a really pronounced spine though as well he may need more frequent feedings for now which also may give him a little extra fluid to help him moisten up.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:40 PM   #3
hypnoctopus
That can mean dehydration, but because you saw him go blue, it is most likely from being in shed. You can try giving him a little soak in room temperature water and adding a humid hide to his enclosure.

Old 02-23-2015, 06:15 AM   #4
smigon
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
That can mean dehydration, but because you saw him go blue, it is most likely from being in shed. You can try giving him a little soak in room temperature water and adding a humid hide to his enclosure.
Exactly this. I got a corn lately and noticed her head had shed and thought there were little pieces stuck to her. I filled a plastic tub with lukewarm water and let her "paddle" around for about 15 minutes. Then use a washcloth and help the shed come off the rest of the way, she hadn't shed anything but her head and she was really wrinkly.

Old 02-23-2015, 10:22 AM   #5
Rigby & Marcy
I think that's a shed that didn't come off. I second (third?) the soaking and washcloth.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
humidity, parasites, shedding problem