CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Incubation day 72 - should I cut open the eggs?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2020, 11:31 AM   #1
jlesznar
Red face Incubation day 72 - should I cut open the eggs?

Hi all! I'm new to this forum and to breeding cornsnakes. My two snakes bred months ago, and the female laid her eggs on July 4th. She laid 29 eggs and most were slugs. A few went bad during the incubation process, and we are currently left with 6 eggs.

These 6 eggs are still viable and look great. There are still veins when candled. This is my first time incubating cornsnake eggs so I have a DIY incubator. The first few weeks I had a lot of trouble stabilizing the temperature, so I feel like that has probably delayed the hatching process.

We have just hit the 10 week mark so I am wondering if I should go ahead and cut the eggs open, or should I keep waiting for them to hatch on their own? Again, I am very new to all this so any advice would be greatly appreciated!