• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

2019 Planned pairings (eggs are on the ground, and babies have begun hatching!!)

Thank you! I won't be able to get a final count until after work, bit I peeked when I went home on lunch break, and there is at least 17 eggs.

And last but not least:

Obsidian X Kalypso

Photos:
Obsidian - Miami Tessera poss Homo/Super p/h Amel, produced here
Kalypso - Amel het Anery, produced by Matt of NWBloodlines, out of an unusual Amel X NWB Coral/Salmon/Champagne line female

The saturated color on both of these snakes should produce some beautiful babies!

She laid 13 big eggs last night!
This clutch will tell me if the male is het for Amel, and if he is H.D.

Heather will you have a waiting list? I'm needing a couple of Miami's. The Miami tessera I got from you ended up being a male so I'm in need of some thing to pair him with evenually. Let me know when you get a moment.

No new eggs yet. The first clutch (from the Coral Snow female) should be hatching within the week, and the Coral Snow looks like she might be getting ready to double clutch.

I'm still waiting to see if Ametrite is going to lay eggs or not.

Unfortunately, there's only 3 eggs in the Coral Snow clutch that still look good. Most didn't survive after having been dehydrated from being in the aspen.

I can't wait to see if anyone proves out to be super tesseras!
Me too! :)
Although, I'd be just as happy with the Aster x Hematite clutch not being Homo Dom, because that means some nice Miami babies.
I'm also really hoping that Echo is het Amel, and that we get some nice Candy Cane babies.

I guess I can add another clutch to the list.

Brokk x Henna

Brokk my 2011 Miami Tessera (het Amel) that I produced, he is the start of my Miami Tessera line.
Henna Miami Okeetee from Live Oak Serpents (ph Amel, Anery, Hypo) from LBR line parents.

This one was not one of my planned ones. I wasn't going to breed Henna this year, but at one point during the season, she looked like she was ovulating, so I put Brokk with her a handful of times. I didn't think she took, but apparently she did.
I went in to check to make sure everyone ate last night, and saw that she refused hers. There were six eggs, and looks like more to come. :)

Attachments

• 71683_461609_VeryLarge_GcMXd5UauQ6.jpg
    71683_461609_VeryLarge_GcMXd5UauQ6.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 175092_473866_VeryLarge_MGwvIejKhtAPK.jpg
    175092_473866_VeryLarge_MGwvIejKhtAPK.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 175092_476970_Large_v2JW4DwP8DPSOo.jpg
    175092_476970_Large_v2JW4DwP8DPSOo.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 18
The eggs look great. Should produce some awesome looking corns. If I lived near you I would check them out and offer to purchase one.

The Hematite X Aster clutch should start hatching any day now. The Aeetes X Echo clutch is a couple days behind the Aster clutch.

Another surprise though, Echo double clutched. Thirteen eggs, but 8 were slugs. Five look pretty good, but we'll see.

Hematite looks to be HD (Super)!! There were 100% Tessera babies in the clutch he sired.

HERE is the thread on that clutch.

The Obsidian X Kalypso clutch should be hatching next week. I'll find out if Obsidian is HD (Super).

Ametrite has not laid eggs, I don't think she will this year. She didn't get as much time with Aeetes, but I will try again next year.

Echo (paired with Aeetes) double clutched, and laid 13 eggs, 5 of those look good so far, 8 were definitely slugs.

Ametrite did not lay any eggs this year, but Echo double clutched (five out of 13 eggs look good).

I will add the Hematite x Aster baby pics when I can log on to my laptop.

The Aeetes x Echo babies and the Obsidian x Kalypso babies should be hatching next week.

Echo clutch is starting to hatch!!
I came home to find 6 little noses sticking out, and some of them are Amel!!! At least 5 of the babies are Amel :)
This is so awesome for our Candy Cane project!!

Attachments

• 154733_478400_VeryLarge_MxJXp1J5Zjeao.jpg
    154733_478400_VeryLarge_MxJXp1J5Zjeao.jpg
    360 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
So far, there are two Miami Tessera's, three Candy Cane Tessera's (two are still absorbing yolk), six Candy Canes, and three that have not pipped just yet.

I'm very happy with the babies so far!
I'm anxious to see how they look after a couple sheds.

I'll start a thread for the clutch when they have all emerged. :)

Back