• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

custom hides, need glue suggestions

jautumn75

I'm making some custom hides for my snakes and just wondered which would be the best type of glue to use... super glue or hot glue? If I use hot glue, would it stay intact above the warm hide or would there be a risk for it to soften too much?

If 100% silicone or something else would be safer I can get that. I just don't know which to go with.

A lot depends upon what you are gluing. Plastics often need special glue. I normally use 5 minute epoxy on most items, but have used Gorilla glue on some items. I have also used marine quality silicone with success.

Not sure if the 5 minute epoxy will stick to the plastic, but the marine grade silicone will. Good luck and post a picture if possible so we can see your handiwork.

Back