CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

caramel bloodred?

Old 04-12-2002, 12:40 PM   #1
Elaphe_Mo
Question caramel bloodred?

just wondering if anybody out there has such a beast yet, or what it might look like? I am thinking about my purchases for the year and it occured to me that this could be a really interesting animal...

Old 04-13-2002, 12:40 AM   #2
Serpwidgets
Blood clot corns?

I believe at least 3 or 4 people that I know of are working on it. I think RichZ and Daniel are two of them on this forum that at least have the F1s.

It will be neat if they have tons of yellow.

Old 04-13-2002, 04:37 AM   #3
Kevin M
I think it'd be kind of neat if the end result had blood with a yellow belly.

-Kev

Old 04-13-2002, 02:47 PM   #4
Rich Z
I had a Caramel Blood Red hatch out year before last, but it wasn't a survivor. I'm having fertility problems in that group, so I may have to start all over again. We'll see how this year goes, I guess.

I'm not sure what to think about how something like a Caramel Blood Red will look as an adult. Certainly it will need a new name, but when I think about it's likely appearance, the names that pop up into my head are not at all attractive from a marketing standpoint. Here are a few names that I have come up with:

Dried Blood Corn
Blood Clot Corn
Mud Corn

See what I mean?

Old 04-13-2002, 03:59 PM   #5
pewter
ok, this is a f1 from breeding amber to a blood red:
some of them are really light colored...but all of them didnīt show more red than normals!

Old 04-13-2002, 04:00 PM   #6
pewter
I also have some am. f1 from that breeding :-)

Old 04-13-2002, 04:05 PM   #7
pewter
and I thought that I shoud make to lines...you never know, and bred a caramel to a blood red. I used a really ugly (I know they canīt be ugly) and dark caramel and a really ugly and dark blood red to make some ugly caraml blood red :-)
I donīt know why...they f1 didnīt look that dark and ugly...maybe this needs a few years???

Old 04-13-2002, 05:52 PM   #8
Simon
Pewter,
that above pic is a caramel blood red?

I thought that it would look somewhat differently......as rich said.....Mud Corn, Blood Clot Corn, or Dried Blood Corn....
I would think that it looks much darker and more brownish.......
but of course time will show what happens to the caramel blood. Maybe the colors will turn out really nice when it reaches adulthood.

Good luck and Happy Herping!

Old 04-13-2002, 05:59 PM   #9
pewter
no, these are all just f1, they are normals/amels het. for caramelbloodred...
Of course we can not say how they will look like but I would think they look nearly like a caramel/butter motley???

Old 04-13-2002, 06:01 PM   #10
Peter
Questions

Did they have patternless bellies? How old are the ones in the pics? And as always, great pics!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google