CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

what happened to..

Old 04-15-2002, 04:29 PM   #1
nicky
what happened to..

helllo everyone,
i'm wondering how come I never see calico corns for sale? is that phase gone or summthing? what about florecent oranges?also what's the difference betwwen a snow,blizzzard or pearl corn?

Old 04-15-2002, 07:15 PM   #2
Iris
Hey Kayla, I think the reason you don't see many calicos for sale is because they aren't as available and popular as some other morphs.
I think flourescent oranges are amelanistic corns that have been selectively bred for bright orange colors.
And about snows, blizzards, and pearls...well I don't know too much about them so I'll keep my mouth shut and listen to a more experienced herper.

Old 04-16-2002, 12:58 AM   #3
Serpwidgets
To the best of my knowledge, the original Calicos were the result of a really bad problem where (it looked like) the immune system was attacking the pigment. Basically bad news.

Later a guy who is now long gone from the corn scene (and from everything I hear, this is a good thing) was advertising a "new" line of them or something, but nobody has ever seen any of that come to fruition... that I know of anyway.

Flourescent orange corns are a SerpenCo line of amelanistics. See the "available" list and click on that morph for the lowdown on it.

Snow is the combination of Amelanism and Anerythrism both being expressed in the same cornsnake.

A Blizzard corn is Amel and Charcoal. These tend to show less pattern than snows, and AFAIK don't have so much of the pinks and other odd colors that many snows develop as adults.

Pearls are still a mystery. Nobody has nailed down what exactly they are...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google