CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

what to breed to get a blizzard

Old 04-18-2002, 12:21 AM   #1
Jr Nimeskern
what to breed to get a blizzard

I have a bubblegum snow male... what should I breed him with in order to get a blizzard? a charcoal? if you could help I would really appreciate any help... what ever I need thats the next corn ill buy... thanks

Old 04-18-2002, 02:56 AM   #2
Serpwidgets
Blizzard is the combination of Amelanism and Charcoal (Anerythrism type B) so you need to start with parents that, between the two of them, have both of these genes.

Unless BOTH parents are at least het for BOTH of these traits, you will not get any blizzards until the second generation of offspring.

I would recommend using anything that is NOT "Anerythristic type A." Snows are Anery A, along with Ghosts. I would explain in more detail, but it would take a post the length of my genetics tutorial to do so. Read that instead.

Old 04-18-2002, 09:40 AM   #3
Jr Nimeskern
Dang I bought the bubblegum snow cause i thought i could get blizzards out of him... oh well... what can i bread with a bubblesnow to get something thats a diff morph? how about a lavender and him or a sunglow and him? any ideas?

Old 04-18-2002, 09:48 AM   #4
Elaphe_Mo
well the snow is amelanistic and anery A, so you can get what I call "the variety pack" (normals, snows, amels, and anery As) if you breed it to a normal het for snow. To get anything other than those out of him, you'd need to breed for several generations. Breeding him to the lavender would give all normal babies. Breeding him to the sunglow would give all amelanistic babies which may or may not look like sunglows...

Old 04-18-2002, 02:58 PM   #5
Jr Nimeskern
thanks looks like im goin to have to go out and buy me a charcoal and a amel... its all good i love corns anyways so the more the betta... thanks all for the help if you have any other special morphs that are coo just write me and tell me what they are... Im trying to breed my own but well c...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google