CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

bloodred?

Old 04-21-2002, 07:57 PM   #1
Peter
bloodred?

I know this pic is a little dark but, does it look like an 8 month old bloodred? His head was rather gray when I got him in September and his belly has pure white for about 40% and then gets an orangey/red hue to it for the back 60%. Plus the gray is fading and his saddles and ground color are getting brighter.

Old 04-21-2002, 10:27 PM   #2
LizS
Here is my 9 month old hypo bloodred:

Old 04-21-2002, 11:30 PM   #3
Peter
Hey Liz, yours is definately deeper red on the ground color. Mine is more orangey but I think has been slowly getting redder. The head markings seem to be similar. My pic is in such bad light. I haven't learned the whistles and bells on my new digicam. I am basically operating it straight out of the box.

Old 04-22-2002, 01:33 AM   #4
Simon
Very nice blood reds!
I have 1.1 blood reds too......but then haven't seen them for almost 5 years now........hahaha my friend was helping me take care of them for a while.....and he decided to keep them.....hahaha and my pair of ghost too.....
so 1.1 blood red and 1.1 ghost....haha
but we still keep in contact and he knows that they are mine.......

Old 04-22-2002, 09:08 AM   #5
Clint Boyer
What color are the eyes?

The pic is pretty dark but you can see some Bloodred traits. It almost looks like an amel Bloodred. If it's eyes are red then it is amelanistic.

Here's a normal Bloodred for comparison:

Old 04-22-2002, 09:40 AM   #6
Elaphe_Mo
nice snakes everyone...

I am DEFINITELY getting a pair of bloodreds this year, I can't wait!

Old 04-22-2002, 10:19 AM   #7
Peter
Clint...

The eyes are dark. I'll try to post a bely shot but I fed him last night.

Old 04-22-2002, 12:39 PM   #8
kenalotia
getting bloodreds

Hey Mo, so am I. :-) I just recently put in my deposit with Rich for a pair of hypo bloodreds. Just have to wait until they've hatched now...

Old 04-22-2002, 12:47 PM   #9
Elaphe_Mo
support group

Someone should start a support group for those of us who have snakes on order but still have to wait for them to hatch. I am slowly going insane, and absolutely can not wait. I fill my time calculating offspring from breedings that might take place 1, 2 or 3 years from now. Isn't there some kind of program I should be on?

Old 04-22-2002, 03:32 PM   #10
Darin Chappell
possible bloodred

There's no real way for me to tell what you have there. It could be a blood, but it could also be a hypomelanistic animal. I have a motley hypo that looks very much like the first animal pictured. He too has the grey head, red/orange sddless and ground coloration, no pattern on the first two-thirds of his ventral scales going to patternless orange color toward the tail. The one bloodred hatchling I had last year (she died a few weeks after I got her) was actually MUCH darker than is this hypo-motley ever has been.

So, having been no help whatsoever, I would say that chances are more likely that you got a hypomelanistic animal rather than a bloodred. People generally know what they're selling when it comes to bloodreds, but mistake can and do happen! I guess you'll just have to wait and see what it looks like in another year or so . . .

Have fun -- Darin

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google