CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Hi! Another newb here

Old 08-28-2014, 11:15 PM   #31
HannaKonda
Hehe. I used to have an aversion to bugs, especially roaches. And yesterday I picked one up and held it for my water dragon to catch and eat. Its funny how a person can just acclimate to something when motivated.

Haze was hungry! I checked the Munson chart and decided to try 2 pinks tonight. I could swear she already recognizes the feeding box (or maybe she smells it). She dove right in and ate the first one in seconds right in front of me. That's a first. I've been leaving her alone in the feeding tub. I opened the box and teased her a little with the 2nd one and she struck! That one took a bit longer for her to swallow. She's back in her peanut hide (pic above). I think that's her favorite right now. She's almost always in it.

So cool to watch her eat!

Old 08-28-2014, 11:27 PM   #32
Tavia
I absolutely hate feeder crickets!! And yet I keep getting pets that need them ... Obviously something is wrong with me ...

That's great that she's eating well for you! Her first 2 or 3 meals were covered but the rest of them while she was here were uncovered in a deli cup. She's usually not shy about eating.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:02 AM   #33
HannaKonda
Oh I hate crickets too!! Noisy, smelly nasty little buggers. I discovered dubia roaches and replaced crickets with them.

Maybe Haze is warming up to me? I'd like to think so. The last two days I caught her peeking out of her hide when I'm in my room after work. She ought to be nice and full now. I probably will leave her alone a full 72 hrs to digest tonight's meal.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:20 AM   #34
ravendance
Quote:
Originally Posted by HannaKonda View Post
That's very reassuring to hear from you, Tavia. Thank you! Pls forgive the quality of this pic: the first Time I've seen her come out of her favorite hide

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Just curious, what's the little silvery gray stuff outside of her hide? I don't think that's her....

Old 08-29-2014, 09:14 AM   #35
HannaKonda
A deli cup and cardboard box that I covered with an old pair of roller derby tights cut to size. I covered the rough edges of a water bottle with hot pink (snake print) tights to make a tunnel too.. In the middle of the tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google