CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Good areas to catch a corn snake in florida?

Old 08-12-2014, 03:13 PM   #1
quadman230
Exclamation Good areas to catch a corn snake in florida?

I'm in florida for a few weeks and I would LOVE to be able to see some corn snakes out in the wild,
I was wondering if anyone knew some goods spots to find them? I'm down in Kissimmee if anyone knows
any spots near there!

Old 08-12-2014, 03:35 PM   #2
Nanci
I live here, and I've found three- one under a brush pile in my front yard which started my obsession. One at the gun range, out hunting after a light rain. And one hit on the road (late afternoon, hot and sunny) near my house which I had to euthanize. So three in 16 years, but if you listen to my neighbors, they are tripping over them right and left...

Good luck!

Hey- make sure you stop by Reptile World Serpentarium while you're here. Gatorland is also fun. St. Augustine Alligator Farm has ALL living species of alligators and crocodiles there, as well as other herps. There's another reptile zoo in Deland.

OMG- I almost forgot! National Reptile Breeders Association show is in Daytona this weekend. Saturday is the best day to see stuff; Sunday is the best day for deals.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:53 PM   #3
quadman230
Thanks! I went to gator land yesterday which started my obsession! I'll have a look around thanks again!

Old 08-12-2014, 05:02 PM   #4
Jordanmurphy10
I go to there next Wednesday

Old 08-19-2014, 02:49 PM   #5
quadman230
Couldn't make it to the show! Would it be worth going to some woods around Kissimmee area or do you think I wouldn't find any? I really want to see some in the wild and even though I want to keep one I'd probably be too scared to pick it up lol Any ideas? Thanks again peoples

Old 08-20-2014, 10:51 PM   #6
MegF.
I live in South Carolina and they are here too....however, I've only found DOR and never a live one....I have similar experiences as Nanci in that all my snake fearing/hating friends seem to find them...heck I even had a friend out walking her dog and had a coral snake come across the trail in front of her! Sent me the picture to identify the snake....a few days before....a beautiful pinesnake! I can't find em when I try...they find them in their garage. A customer of mine had a cornsnake in their garage....they thought it was a copperhead but fortunately didn't kill it, only moved it. He had taken a photograph of it and I identified it for them....They are out there, you just have to get lucky sometimes...most likely you'll find racers and ratsnakes just like the rest of us!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google