CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

2014 Yellowstone Trip. Tons of Pics!

Old 08-21-2014, 09:42 PM   #11
Rich Z
Nice pics! Thanks for sharing.

I would SERIOUSLY love to go out there, but quite honestly the place strikes me as a disaster in waiting. After all that IS a giant volcanic caldera, is it not? And from the looks of things, it sure seems to be pretty active.

It would be MY luck.............

Old 08-21-2014, 10:52 PM   #12
Joba
Gorgeous country. Nice pics. We went there in '90 or '91 and it rained the entire time we were there. Then at night it would freeze and we'd have a layer of ice on our tent (yes, tent. We were much younger then!). Honestly, our favorite part was rafting down the Grand Teton River (Snake River, maybe?). Stunning country.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:31 PM   #13
vetusvates
Beautiful photos, Tavia. I know you cherish the visit.

I was at Old Faithful, and the mud pots, and Mammoth Springs in August, 1973. (I must find those photos and scan them!...)
With my grandfather. He wanted me to see the world.
Things there seem still very familiar...I hope my and your memories will never dim.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:38 PM   #14
MysticExotics
Great photos! I would love to visit there too!

Old 08-21-2014, 11:42 PM   #15
Tavia
This was my second time there, the first time was in Oct. In '94 I think. Or maybe '96, can't remember for sure.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:29 AM   #16
tsst
Great pics Tavia! Thanks for sharing.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:37 PM   #17
AshWolFF
Awesome pictures! When did you go? I went June 16th-June 30th in 2014.

Maybe I'll share some pictures too!

Old 08-22-2014, 10:52 PM   #18
Tavia
Ha, that is funny! We went on the 16th and 17th of August, my brother, sister in law, her brother, our mom and step dad, my husband and I. Rented a van to fit all 7 of us in and stayed overnight in some cabins Sat night. Actually, my mom and step dad live in San Antonio and just flew back there last Tues.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:50 AM   #19
Nanci
Gorgeous pics! I went around 1995- I can't remember the year exactly. I was super-afraid of bears the whole time. We got in trouble for having an empty cooler in the bed of our truck. Like rangers doing an Ilian Gonzalez at 2 AM at the Old Faithful Inn, or whatever it's called. We also went to Grand Teton. Both beautiful places. With bears. My nemesis. Old Faithful had this boardwalk around it, with signs saying it was teeming with marmots. Whenever I say something is teeming with an (expected) animal, and it is not, that's where that comes from.

Old 08-24-2014, 11:24 PM   #20
MegF.
That's one place I'd like to visit! Fantastic!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google